+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    We saw Collateral tonight, pretty good, and Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox did an excellent job.

Drain my brain.
    I haven't rented a movie in a looooong time. Last movie was "Mullholland Drive." I wanna meet David Lynch.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Just rented Dodgeball and the 3rd Harry Potter. I would recommend both. Dodgeball was a lot funnier than I thought it would be.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I rented "Girl With a Pearl Earring" and watched it tonight. I enjoyed the book, although I'll readily admit neither it nor the movie is for everyone. But I loved it -- so many scenes *looked* like a Vermeer painting. It had to be so difficult for whoever did the lighting to get the shots to look like that.
    Also, it had Colin Firth.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

In the last few days, I had the pleasure to see Stuck on You and White Chicks. I didn't think I would like these movies but I actually did.

The other one I didn't enjoy that much was Win a date with Tad Hamilton. Although Josh Duhamel makes my heart go pitter patter, I didn't enjoy it or even found it funny or endearing.

Next on my list: Dodgeball and Shaun of the Dead.

I saw these two over the weekend:

Win a Date with Tad Hamilton - It was more or less like I expected, a cute little romantic comedy. I thought Topher Grace (from That 70's Show ) was the best thing about it.

Love Actually - I didn't expect to love this British romantic comedy so much. What a great film. Great cast including (Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, Liam Neeson, Kiera Knightely and others) I loved how it showed all the different relationships among the characters, sweet, funny... and a great holiday movie. I recommend this one!

Rtf... I had forgotten about Win a Date... I still need to rent that. And Love Actually is in my library of movies. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (I should pull that out again this week, seeing as how it takes place at Christmastime.)

I rented Mean Girls and The Terminal this weekend. I actually enjoyed both of them, although I just don't much care for Lindsay Lohan. There's something just a tad too quirkish and over the top with her, IMO.

Ooh wow, we rented Man on Fire and every time I see Denzel in a movie, he just astounds me with the gripping authenticity of his performances. Great, gritty, revenge actioner; though it's over two hours, it's so compulsively watchable that we didn't notice the time go by at all.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Rtf... I had forgotten about Win a Date... I still need to rent that. And Love Actually is in my library of movies. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (I should pull that out again this week, seeing as how it takes place at Christmastime.)

I rented Mean Girls and The Terminal this weekend. I actually enjoyed both of them, although I just don't much care for Lindsay Lohan. There's something just a tad too quirkish and over the top with her, IMO.
    Hi Broadway!

I really liked Mean Girls, but yeah I do agree with you about Lindsay Lohan....

and Love Actually is definitely a great film, I'm thinking of buying it.

I rented Napoleon Dynamite and Anacondas.

Napoleon was hilarious! Non-stop laughter! There is no plot but it doesn't matter.

Anacondas was one of the worst movies I have seen this year. I was in the mood for a movie with that type of plot but it was horrible. The acting the worst (J Lo look-a-like) and it was completly unrealistic, and I am not talking about the snakes. Just don't rent it.

+ Reply to Thread