+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I haven't seen this one and I won't because I really hate remakes of classic movies, especially ones that are as good as the original of this.
    Not to mention the previews looked awful! *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I've never even seen Road Trip, happyblue, but in my defense, I can't spend every night in a smoking jacket with a pipe deconstructing Un Chien Andalou and Last Year at Marienbad.
    Nice imagery.

I'll give you three reasons why I liked The Girl Next Door
    I actually kind of liked it too. Canít say the same about Road Trip though. Iím not sure, but I think it was so bad that Iíve forgotten most of it.

Anyway, today the Snowflake household watched The Bourne Supremacy. It was a fun suspense thriller, with some breathless action sequences and a super-fast pace that flies right by. Don't think too hard on the plot though, it'll only get in the way. Enjoy it for what it is. That is all.
    That just arrived by mail yesterday, and Iím looking forward to watching it. I really like Franka Potente a lot. Her part wasnít particularly challenging in the first Bourne movie, and itís still kind of weird listening to her speak in English, but Iíll buy just about any movie if sheís in it.

I was pleasantly surprised with the writing & direction of the film, which could have been much broader comedically, but instead opted for a more realistic tone, and had some adroit foreshadowing and good payoffs.
    Realistic tone, ridiculous plot. I hated it. I hated it even more because I forgot to return it. I paid double the rental price for it. If it was a good movie like Bourne Supremacy, I would've remembered.

I fear this might garner another tongue-lashing from happyblue (), but we rented Dodgeball the other night and I LOVED it! Silly, slapsticky goodness. GO BALLS DEEP!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Watch Mean Girls and really liked it.

Saw the Terminal a couple of weeks ago and would give it 2.75/4 stars. Tom Hanks did an amazing job.

No tongue-lashing from me, Snowflakegirl. The worser the movie, the guiltier the pleasure. I found The Girl Next Door just very dull. Not even worthy of the "it's so bad it's good" title ... like Dodgeball.

Stuck on You, ****
    This is so stupid it's hysterical. There's no in-between about the Farrelly brothers' humor. You'll love or hate.

Over the weekend, i saw

1) Super Size me - umm.....fell asleep before reaching half way through it..lol
    2) Les Choristes - very good. the boys have amazing angelic voices. touching storyline.
    3) House of Sand & Fog - i really liked this one...ben kingsley's amazing, he is such a wonderful actor. and it makes me cry too......... *sniff*
    4) Alexander (ok..i didnt rent this one..saw it in the cinema) - it's quite good.
    realitytvbites!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    The Terminal - Just rented this last night Another great Spielberg movie, Tom Hanks was excellent in this, his role here sort of reminds me of Castaway, the way he is all alone, and has to figure out how to fend for himself. Great movie.

Saw the Dawn of the Dead remake (unrated director's cut)...absolutely loved it. Not just because I'm a Sarah Polley fan, either. I rarely notice stuff like the camera work (unless it's really unusual, like The Blair Witch Project), but I really enjoyed the way this film was shot. And the *video* clips while the credits were being run were hysterical.

Oh, and the music was great. I'm generally a Lilith Fair kinda gal, aside from my Henry Rollins obsession and my former headbanger days of the '80's, but I would love this soundtrack. Anyone know if it's available, and where?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    Tom Hanks was excellent in this, his role here sort of reminds me of Castaway, the way he is all alone, and has to figure out how to fend for himself.
    I thought that same exact thing. I felt he was playing the same exact role but with a little twist.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Saw the Dawn of the Dead remake (unrated director's cut)...absolutely loved it. Not just because I'm a Sarah Polley fan, either. I rarely notice stuff like the camera work (unless it's really unusual, like The Blair Witch Project), but I really enjoyed the way this film was shot. And the *video* clips while the credits were being run were hysterical.

Oh, and the music was great. I'm generally a Lilith Fair kinda gal, aside from my Henry Rollins obsession and my former headbanger days of the '80's, but I would love this soundtrack. Anyone know if it's available, and where?
    Glad to see I'm not the only gal who loved Dawn of the Dead around here. Great movie.

You, know I'm surprised that they don't have the new soundtrack available for sale (I checked Amazon Canada for you, and couldn't find it), but here is a listing of the songs used from IMDB, if you want to seek out the tracks on your own:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/soundtrack

I'm currently watching season one of Dead Like Me on DVD, and I just love this show. "My So-Called Teen Afterlife"!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread