+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Dawn of Dead (new), ***
    This is a nice upgrade from the original. Less funny, more action. Not as fresh as 28 Days Later but it's just as entertaining. Jake Weber who played the TV salesman also stars in Wendigo.

I finally got around to seeing Casablanca. All I can say is that I got goosebumps about three times during the movie. You haven't seen a real romance (or a real movie for that matter) if you haven't seen Casablanca. Add this title to the "movies that make you cry" and "movies you can watch more than once" threads.

I also watched Hitchcock's classic, Vertigo, recently. It didn't give me goosebumps but it does contain some great acting and direction. It's really a love story told in a complex, Hitchcockian way. A nice companion piece to Casablanca.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Something's Gotta give

I really enjoyed this one. Jack Nicholson was great thoroughly enjoyable. Also good performance by Diane Keaton. Some funny moments, and overall a cute film.

Fahrenheit 9/11 and White Chicks.

I spent all weekend watching DVDs:

Fahrenheit 911
    Something's Gotta Give
    Freaky Friday
    Secret Window

A fairly schizophrenic mix, but hey, I have an eclectic taste :-)
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Man on Fire:

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I watched Mean Girls. I can't help it. I'm a decade-overgrown teen.
    I also rented Godsend, i can't believe it was in the one-week rental classification already. I'll watch it this weekend.
    Could does not mean should

We got Dawn of the Dead to watch for Halloween, but never got to it until this week. I really enjoyed it, particularly as a fan of the original and of horror in general. Great makeup and practical special effects (yay for exploding heads!). Loved the Tom Savini cameo, too.

We haven't been renting as many movies lately because we're actually busy watching Alias Season Three on DVD, to catch up before the new season in January. I was initially not so into this season as I was the first two, but it's really starting to pick up. Everyone here is totally addicted to the show now.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I rented 'Stepford Wives' this weekend. It had it's moments and I laughed out loud a couple of times. The ending was quite cheesy.

** (out of 4)

Fort Member
    Boring Saturday night in last weekend and grabbed Shrek 2 and timeline
    Shek 2 was ok but I still prefer the original maybe it would have been better at the cinema.
    Timeline interesting concept wouldnt call it great was very predictable but it was watchable and slightly better than what TV had to offer

+ Reply to Thread