+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Everyone in the world who's ever eaten at a fast food chain should watch Supersize Me (and read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser too--which made me boycott McD's over 3 years ago). It was surprisingly entertaining, and of course the information it contains about big corporate fast food is lifechanging.

And make sure you watch "The Smoking Fry" in the DVD extras--you'll never want to put a McDonald's fry in your mouth ever again (go to In 'n' Out instead, people!).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I saw two movies this weekend (Mona Lisa Smile, and Intolerable Cruelty)

Mona Lisa Smile - Overall not a bad film. I'm not really a Julia Roberts fan, but she was quite good. I liked all of the characters in the film, and thought everyone put in solid performances.

Intolerable Cruelty -This film has a bit different take on the romantic comedy genre. Overall ok, with some fun quirky humour. George Clooney was great (and should probably be in more comedies!) Catherine Zeta Jones was perfect in her role as the money hungry divorcee.

both films worth a watch IMO.

i actually bought it over the weekend, but i think "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is brilliant.

I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I want to. I'm familiar with the director's (Michel Gondry) other work. I recently got the Work of Michel Gondry which has a bunch of music videos and some short films.

You should check out his music video collection. Some of his videos include:
    Daft Punk's "Around the World" and Bjork's "Human Behavior". The dvd is really good.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by weston
    I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I want to. I'm familiar with the director's (Michel Gondry) other work. I recently got the Work of Michel Gondry which has a bunch of music videos and some short films.

You should check out his music video collection. Some of his videos include:
    Daft Punk's "Around the World" and Bjork's "Human Behavior". The dvd is really good.
    weston, i'll check out that DVD if you check out ESotSM. i'm familiar with both of those videos and they're really good. gotta love that giant teddy bear walking through the forest in Bjork's video

Angel boy
    My husband went camping this weekend, and my baby stayed with his grandparents Friday night, so for the first time in about 2 years I had the house to myself for the night, at least. I rented 3 chick flicks and got a bottle of wine. FUN TIMES!!

Bruce Almighty....I thought this was cute. It made me laugh.

13 Going on 30...I assumed it would be a teen movie, but I liked it.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days...Also cute.

Overall happy with my selections. I wanted light hearted humor, and that's what I got.
    America- love it or leave it!

SnowflakeGirl, I'm hoping to pick up Supersize Me tomorrow. Thanks for the re-assurance.

Just finished watching Shattered Glass. Great flick!

The last movie i rented was School of Rock, it was pretty good. i hope to get The Day After Tomorrow tomorrow. i wanted to see it when it was at the theaters, but i missed it, so i have been waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue jean baby
    The last movie i rented was School of Rock, it was pretty good. i hope to get The Day After Tomorrow tomorrow. i wanted to see it when it was at the theaters, but i missed it, so i have been waiting for it to come out on DVD.

The Day after Tomorrow is a fun flick. I saw it at the theatres and was blown away. The special effects are really cool, my favorite movie of this year no doubt, very entertaining.

Watched Dead and Buried a couple days ago. Very good low budget atmospheric flick. It was done in the early eighties (81) when slasher flicks where on the rise. This horror film got lost in the shuffle. Written by Dan O'Bannon (Alien, Return of the Living Dead) and has a cameo from (a young) Robert Englund. Special effects done by Stan Winston (Jurassic Park, Terminator)
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

+ Reply to Thread