+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story - 06/18

Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story - 06/18

From Hollywood.com

Peter LaFleur is a charismatic underachiever and proprietor of a rundown gym called Average Joe's. The facility's ecclectic clientele of decidedly less-than-"average Joes" is comprised of: a self-styled pirate; a scrawny nerd who dreams of impressing an unattainable cheerleader; an obsessive aficionado of obscure sports; a dim-witted young man; and a cocky know-it-all who, of course, really knows nothing. Peter's humble gym catches the eye of White Goodman, the power-mullet-sporting, Fu-Manchu-d, egomaniacal owner of Globo Gym, a gleaming monolith of fitness. White intends to take over Average Joe's, and Peter's non-existent bookkeeping is making it all too easy for him. A foreclosing bank has stationed attorney Kate Veatch inside Average Joe's to finalize Globo's takeover of the gym. But Peter's boyish charms win her over and Kate joins his team of social rejects to beat the odds--and their own ineptitude--to try to save Average Joe's. How? A showdown dodgeball competition against Globo Gym.
    Comedy, Sports Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 37 mins

Cast: Ben Stiller , Vince Vaughn , Christine Taylor , Justin Long , Chris Williams , Julie Gonzalo
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    Shall we place bets on the number of times people get hit in the groin during this movie?

I'll say 9.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    Shall we place bets on the number of times people get hit in the groin during this movie?

I'll say 9.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I Love Ben Stiller. Seeing him in the role of the Villian is going to be great.

FORT Fogey
    This looks like one of those cheap unfunny SNL-type spin-off movies to me (I know it's not from SNL, but it just has that crappy SNL movie vibe to it) The commercials annoy me, so I could never stand to see the whole movie.

Needless to say, it's not on my list of movies to see.

I dunno... I just basically find Ben Stiller hilarious almost no matter what hes in

I might see it the trailer made me laugh (which is rare for a Ben Stiller movie).

what's rare for a Ben Stiller movie? being good or the trailer makin you laugh

Quote Originally Posted by xfakter13
    what's rare for a Ben Stiller movie? being good or the trailer makin you laugh
    I just dont find anything Ben Stiller does funny/good.
    I only like 3 of his movies. (Meet The Parents, The Royal Tenebaums, and Mystery Men)

i'm watching it tonight and i can't wait. i'm a fan of ben stiller and his last several comedies didn't disappoint me... mary, zoolander, meet parents, polly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast