+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11

Political Heat Hits Manhattan

From Leonardo DiCaprio to Mike Myers, Martha Stewart, Richard Gere and many more, a huge contingent of stars turned out for the New York screening of Michael Moore's new Bush-bashing movie, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Leo made a big exception by attending the premiere -- the actor told director Moore that he hadn't attended a movie premiere that wasn't his own in 10 years. "That's so incredible, and he came out in Los Angeles too," Moore enthused. "He's like a foot soldier for this movie."

From Tom Brokaw to Tony Bennett, an eclectic mix of media big shots and entertainers came out to see the film. Where else could you find conservative newsman Bill O'Reilly alongside Yoko Ono, or Sean Lennon with Mick Jagger's daughter? And all within earshot of Al Sharpton and Bryant Gumbel?

"I think it's going to be an epic film," Sharpton insisted. "I think it may effect the election."

After struggling to get his controversial film released, Moore was happy to see stars like Glenn Close and Eva Mendes in attendance, but there's one very high profile person he wishes would watch his movie -- President Bush. "I will make myself available to show this at the White House anytime he wants to see it," Moore told us. "I'll bring the popcorn."

You can catch "Fahrenheit 9/11" for yourself, when it opens in theaters on June 25th.
    I've been waiting a long time for this movie. I love Michael Moore's impeccable research and satirical wit. Anybody else excited?

I'm with you on this one,can't wait to see it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Me too, I'm a big Michael Moore fan, and this got lots of great attention at Cannes.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Me too, Michael Moore rocks. I went to his book signing in Vancouver last year, and it was fun. He said it was the first time he was able to walk to a book signing because of all the death threats he's received in America.

Yes. Have you seen the trailer for the movie? It's at Michael Moore's official website. I'm thinking of taking the entire family - my mom, hubby and the kids. I can't wait. I saw Bowling for Columbine last year and it was thought provoking... and I've read all MM's books.
    Right now he is fighting an R rating for the movie. He has filed an appeal with the Ratings board but the appeal won't be heard until 3 days before the movie actually comes out.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Well, thank goodness I'm not the only Michael Moore fan here. I'm looking forward to this one as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The last movie I saw in the theater was Bowling For Columbine. I can't wait to see this one.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I wish I could see this one. I can't wait to get a vcd/dvd of it.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Me too, Michael Moore rocks. I went to his book signing in Vancouver last year, and it was fun. He said it was the first time he was able to walk to a book signing because of all the death threats he's received in America.
    I went to his booking singing for 'Dude, Where's My Country?' I told him a brought him "a whopper" but after waiting in line for nearly three hours it went cold and so I ate it. He laughed and signed my book "Next time whopper- Michael Moore"

I absolutely despise Michael Moore, which is why I can't wait to see the film.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast