+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit is breaking box office records for a documentary...AND...was the top-selling movie this weekend, beating two other new mainstream movies. George Bush is probably praying to "Spider Man" now for a good release later this week.

I think Fahrenheit did a great job of explaining the complicated ties between Bush and the Saudi family--not breaking news, but worthy of attention. And one of the oddest (and perhaps scariest moments) is when Bush, on Sept. 11 2001, is seen sitting in the kids' classroom for six or seven minutes AFTER being informed that the country "is under attack."

One of the funniest moments is at the beginning of the movie: Bush was questioned by Michael Moore about some political issue at the New Hampshire primary in 2000, and Bush responded: "Michael Moore? Get a job, ha." And then the movie immediately cuts to the words "A Michael Moore Film," "Fahrenheit 9/11."

The movie broke all record books for a weekend showing of a documentary. You can check out Mrpayroll's movie earnings thread for exact amounts. It amazing how much it made considering how few screens it was shown on. I will probably wait to see it until I am able to rent it.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by skwadim
    I find it ironic that on THIS board especially, that people would have some problem with someone taking video clips of REAL LIFE situations and putting them together in order to create a certain type of understanding in the viewers - even though that reordering of clips and music selection may be a bit unfair, misrepresentative, and satirical at times.

Hmm. I wonder, what other type of television does that?

Frickin' hilarious
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

I saw this movie on Saturday night at 10:35 pm and it was a sold out show..I was waiting in the line with my bf for 1 hour before they let us in ...the movie is giving more facts of stuffs that I don't really know..and I think ..no one can argue with the facts that Michael Moore put out in the movie..I really hope this movie will make a change in November election because I think I prefer someone else to lead this country after I saw what's going on behind the scene.. anyway enjoy the movie guys

Quote Originally Posted by skwadim
    I find it ironic that on THIS board especially, that people would have some problem with someone taking video clips of REAL LIFE situations and putting them together in order to create a certain type of understanding in the viewers - even though that reordering of clips and music selection may be a bit unfair, misrepresentative, and satirical at times.

But Mark Burnett, Mike Fleiss et al don't shop their product around as being a "documentary".
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

This movie will make you think. It won't convert everyone, but it'll make you think twice about what the white house presents to you.

Also, I didn't remember the President's Limo getting pelted with eggs during the inauguration. That was funny to watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    But Mark Burnett, Mike Fleiss et al don't shop their product around as being a "documentary".
    Well, yeah. Somehow folks prancing around at fake tribal council on an island doesn't quite seem like documentary material too me.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 06-29-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skwadim

You would also hope that a documentary would be "pure/true" however, he introjects his interivews, etc. and it is not that type of documentary that tries to only convey/show what happens. His style seems to be one of giving his POV of a subject matter and direct the viewers to ask certain questions or even see things in a certain manner.

I agree qboots, that was an unfair shot at you. As for the documentary it's an unfair shot at the events that took place. A piece of fiction by an angry man.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

I am looking forward to seing this movie. I like Micheal More, and I think most Europeans do, because his political views are much more like European political views than American. There is really nothing extreme about his opinions to me. And I also like how he mixes his serious messages with humor. I'm probably going this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread