+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

ugggh...

i don't understand the obsession with michael moore

and i don't understand why he gets praise for his garbage films...

if this guy think he can change the world and him or his actor/industry friends think they are smarter than everybody else then THEY should run for president and quit imposing there OPINIONS on the rest of the free world.

i'm sure since he has all the answers about EVERYTHING and he has such a large supporter fanbase he should have no problem winning.

i won't be seeing this movie and giving this fat idiot my money...

just my 2 pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg

if this guy think he can change the world and him or his actor/industry friends think they are smarter than everybody else then THEY should run for president and quit imposing there OPINIONS on the rest of the free world.

i'm sure since he has all the answers about EVERYTHING and he has such a large supporter fanbase he should have no problem winning.

just my 2 pennies.
    Amen, Darlin'! Amen!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Well, I've bought my tickets for this tomorrow. (At 4:20 oddly enough)

I'll let y'all know what I think of it. But I'm sure I'll like it, cause I'm a Moore fan, and not a War fan.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

i'm looking forward to watching it sometime... however, it's not being shown in theaters in my general vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Well, I've bought my tickets for this tomorrow. (At 4:20 oddly enough)

I'll let y'all know what I think of it. But I'm sure I'll like it, cause I'm a Moore fan, and not a War fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    i'm looking forward to watching it sometime... however, it's not being shown in theaters in my general vicinity.
    It's not being shown where I live, either, which is odd because you can't swing a cat without hitting another tired, bloated big budget comedy or disaster flick. As a matter of fact I checked all Cinemark theaters in a 50 mile radius and none are showing it. My daughter clued me that "indie" flicks are usually shown at more "artsy" venues, which means I'll probably be traveling 120 miles round trip to see it. I understand that this is a documentary which means it usually opens to a limited number of theaters, but according to an article I read it broke records in the amount of money raked in at two New York venues yesterday.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I'll probably see it. I enjoyed Bowling for Columbine, and I'm sure Fahrenheit 9/11 will be just as thought provoking. I don't however really like Michael Moore. He's too much of a grandstander in my opinion. It works well for him, and more power to him, but a little subtlety can be just as, if not more effective. I do appreciate that he is bring up hot button topics, and actually does the research to support his findings.

Can't wait to see it. I'm sure the powers that be are doing everything they can to stop it (see Current Events thread), but he's tenacious, and I like that about him. At the very least he brings a different perspective, and certainly gets people talking about real issues.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann

It's not being shown where I live, either, which is odd because you can't swing a cat without hitting another tired, bloated big budget comedy or disaster flick. As a matter of fact I checked all Cinemark theaters in a 50 mile radius and none are showing it. My daughter clued me that "indie" flicks are usually shown at more "artsy" venues, which means I'll probably be traveling 120 miles round trip to see it. I understand that this is a documentary which means it usually opens to a limited number of theaters, but according to an article I read it broke records in the amount of money raked in at two New York venues yesterday.

You might want to recheck today to see if it's playing near you. At a couple of movie websites I went to yesterday it said the closest place it was playing near me was approx 40 miles away. I finally went to an official theater website and found that it is starting today at the theater a mile away from me.

So check again!!! I'm going to see this right after work today. The clips look incredibly intriguing.

I'm not a Moore fan, but I'm so not a Bush supporter, either. Our priorities are so out of whack right now it's amazing... and the clips have just seemed to support that arrogance. I want to see them in context to form a valid opinion, not just the two second clips of Dingel, et al.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg

just my 2 pennies.

Why didn't he do a movie on Clinton? Oh wait - then he'd be facing an NC-17 rating. :rolleyes

I'm a huge Michael Moore fan, and I'm so glad this movie is finally out!! This movie is going to stir up alot of debate, which is such a good thing. At least if people are talking, issues aren't getting swept under the rug, and hopefully people will really start paying attention to whats going on around them.

Good or bad, right or wrong, your opinion matters...so everyone should make a little noise...awww hell...Make alot of noise!!!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast