+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago - 12/27

Chicago - 12/27

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Everyone loves a legend--but in Chicago, there's only room for one. Velma Kelley burns in the spotlight as a nightclub sensation. When she shoots her philandering husband, she lands on Chicago's famed murderess row, retains Chicago's slickest lawyer, Billy Flynn, and becomes the center of the town's most notorious murder case--only increasing her celebrity. Roxie Hart, seduced by the city's promise of style and adventure, dreams of singing and dancing her way to stardom. When Roxie's abusive lover tries to walk out on her, she too ends up in prison. The ambitious Billy recognizes another made-for-tabloids story, and postpones Velma's court date to take on Roxie's case. Infamy is Roxie's ticket to stardom. Billy turns her crime of passion into celebrity headlines, and in this town, where murder is a form of entertainment, she becomes a bona fide star--much to Velma's chagrin. As Roxie fashions herself out to be America's latest sweetheart, Velma has more than a few surprises in store for her. Tensions climax as the two women stop at nothing to outdo each other in their obsessive pursuit of fame and celebrity.

Cast &Role

Catherine Zeta-Jones -- Velma Kelley
    Renee Zellweger -- Roxie Hart
    Richard Gere -- Billy Flynn
    Latifah -- Mama Morton
    John C Reilly -- Amos Hart
    Christine Baranski -- Mary Sunshine
    Mya -- Mona
    Taye Diggs -- The Band Leader

Rated - PG13

This should be a good one. Don't know if I'll see it in the theaters (I might), but I imagine we'll be getting the DVD when it is released in a few months.

Great music, too...

Now, the question for me is , can my lust for Taye Diggs over rule my intense dislike of Catherine Zeta Jones?

I don't think it can so I don't think I'll be watching this unless I get a glowing endorsement of it from a friend.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I want to see this one. I wanna know what the Chicago fuss is all about. I do not really know the story beyond what was posted above.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

The idea of Richard Gere singing and dancing doesn't have a lot of appeal to me.
    I think this is probably a movie you should see on the big screen to get the full glamour of it all, but I will probably wait for the DVD.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It'll be interesting to see how they transform this Broadway musical into a full-length feature film. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I saw the musical when it came to Denver. The Gere role was actually played by Robert Urich. He was totally bald (cancer treatment), and while the look was a surprise, his ability to sing and dance was even more surprising! My wife and I loved the show and are looking forward to the movie.

Guys out there, if you ever get a chance to take your wives to the live performance - do it. Three reasons why: the dancers are hot. I mean hot. Really hot. (That's three, isn't it?

And Fluff, go see it. Heck, even I think Taye Diggs is fine!

There is no doubting the beauty of Taye
    "That's Numberwang!"

I won't see it cause Gere is in it, I don't like him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

The musical is great, so the movie is a must-see for me. Plus, I like the cast pretty well.

I just hope it's better than Moulin Rouge. :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast