+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago - 12/27

Kylie, I was wondering if it would turn out similarly. I did not see who directed it. That makes all the difference in the world.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Yes, Feif. It has great potential, but the directing and shooting/camerawork/angles whatever in Moulin Rouge did not appeal to me at all. Parts of it even gave me a sickening feeling. (Well, it was about 1 am when I finished it. Maybe I should watch it again.)

Moulin Rouge was directed by Baz Luhrmann. He did the version of "Romeo and Juliet" with DiCaprio and Claire Danes. I didn't like that very much, either.

Rob Marshall is directing Chicago. He's also done Annie.

USA TODAY has posted its review of the movie and gives the film 4 out of 4 stars. For the complete review, click here.

(And if you're able to watch the trailer at that site, do so...it's really cool!)

This is an older thread, and maybe you've all seen Chicago already if you were interested, but I LOVED it!
    I'm a big fan of musicals, and I was worried that the film wouldn't live up to the stage show but it was pretty fabulous. Probably my favorite movie of the last couple of months. Even my husband (who doesn't like musicals) liked it a lot.

It's not on at my local theatre yet.
    I believe it's still playing at selected theatres until the end of January.
    I woudl really like to see it though (even though I can't stand Zeta-Jones).
    Glad to hear your hubby enjoyed it Molly, mine is very anti the whole idea of going
    "That's Numberwang!"

Chicago - HOLY!!

Well-done movie. I cannot wait to see it again. Anybody else here see it?

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to. Actually, we'll probably just wait until it comes out on DVD and buy it...

My team went out to see it Friday afternoon. I thought it was very enjoyable. I was surprised that the three main characters did all their own singing. That's not what I would have expected Richard Gere's singing voice to sound like.

My wife saw it with some friends of ours, and she liked it, too. The other women she was with were less impressed.

I'd recommend it, though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

We finally went to se it on Sunday.
    I really enjoyed it while my husband suffered in silence because he knew I wanted to see it.

I thought Zellweger was good, but I find her so physically unattractive.
    As much as I have come to despise CZJ over the years, I have to say I thought she did a great job in this movie.
    I don't think she'll take home the Oscar though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff, I think the Oscar will go to Streep as a consolation for not getting nominated in the Lead Actress category for "The Hours". However, many sites/critics have said that if anyone pulls the upset, it could very well be CZJ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast