+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Pianist - 12/27

The Pianist - 12/27

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: An adaptation based on the autobiography of the acclaimed Polish composer, Wladyslaw Szpilman, who detailed his survival during World War II, and narrowly escaped a roundup that sent his family to a death camp. A composer and pianist, Szpilman played the last live music heard over Polish radio airwaves before Nazi artillery hit. There, in Poland, Szpilman struggled to stay alive--even when cast away from those he loved. He spent the duration of the war war hiding in the ruins of Warsaw and scavenging for food and shelter. Szpilman eventually reclaimed his artistic gifts, and confronted his fears--with aid from the unlikeliest of sources.
    Cast & Role

Adrien Brody -- Wladyslaw Szpilman
    Thomas Kretschmann -- Captain Wilm Hosenfeld
    Maureen Lipman -- The Mother
    Frank Finlay -- The Father
    Ed Stoppard -- Henryk
    Emilia Fox -- Dorota
    Julia Rayner -- Regina
    Ruth Platt -- Janina

Rated -- R

Has anybody seen this movie? I'm debating on whether or not to see it, but it's been my experience that Polanski films are either really good or really boring.
    I don't have low self-esteem. I'm an egomaniac who just happens to be stupid and ugly.

i've not seen it, but my boss saw it this weekend. let me preface this by saying my boss is jewish and is VERY involved in the jewish community and jewish history. his review of the story was that it was a GREAT film that was maybe even more "dead on" than schindler's list as it followed one jew during the holocaust instead of thousands, so you were able to "feel" his experiences a bit more closely. he said it was wonderful, BUT...he likes odd movies.

+ Reply to Thread