+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upset about the new HP movie?

Upset about the new HP movie?

Alright, now I'll admit that the movie was actually pretty cool... if you had never read the books. I just don't understand how they could leave so much out!! I know they have to have some time constraint, but I would have gladly stayed in that theater an extra hour for some explanations... or a little bit of elaboration!! Does anybody else agree?
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I would have gladly stayed an extra hour or more but, we are probably in the minority. I think the general movie going public probably has a limit of 2.5 hours even less when you consider the amount of kids who watch the HP movies. I was very happy with the movie though.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I would stay in a movie theater all day watching a movie if it was good. It'd undoubtedly cost more but who'd complain about a long and wonderful movie?
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

FORT Fan
    How important were the parts left out? They were still able to tell the story without them. Movies are usually better when they're tighter like that, without pointless scenes. I haven't seen this new Harry Potter movie yet but I'm hearing it's an improvement over the first two. Those felt like someone was reading the book out loud with special effects.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

I liked the movie. I went into the theater knowing that the movie could not compare to the books. I did think they could have explained about Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs a bit, and they should have had Remus telling Harry that the stag was symbolizing his father, but all in all I liked the movie. I have already seen it a couple of times and will probably see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by marishka
    I liked the movie. I went into the theater knowing that the movie could not compare to the books. I did think they could have explained about Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs a bit, and they should have had Remus telling Harry that the stag was symbolizing his father, but all in all I liked the movie. I have already seen it a couple of times and will probably see it again.
    The explanation behind why the three friends of Remus became animagi was very important and was left out.

Also, the story of Sirius trying to trick Snape into going to the hut while Remus was a werewolf and James Potter saving him was left out. Snape thought James was in on it and chickened out, but really it was all Sirius. That is the reason that Snape treats Harry like he does and should have been included.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread