+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Stepford Wives - 06/11

The Stepford Wives - 06/11

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Stepford has a secret: all of the wives are way too perfect, and all of the husbands are way too happy. "The Stepford Wives," a comic re-imagining of the 1975 suspense classic, follows the tale that unfolds when a young couple moves from Manhattan to the upper-class suburb of Connecticut. Once there, they soon discover that the Stepford men are replacing their wives with compliant robots.
    Genre(s):
    Comedy
    Drama
    Remake
    Rating: Not available
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Nicole Kidman -- Joanna Eberhart
    Christopher Walken -- Dale Coba
    Glenn Close -- Dr. Emily Francher
    Faith Hill -- Sarah Sunderson
    Roger Bart -- Roger Bannister
    Matthew Broderick -- Walter Eberhart
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'll have to see this. I remember seeing the first one, it was supposed to be a serious horror flick.Not! It was unintentionally hilarious. I'll say this much, I think this cast is probably too good for the movie to be terrible.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I saw the original too, and even read the book...I'm already snickering at the thought of Matthew Broderick and Nicole Kidman as a couple Too bad Nicole is Joanna, she's icy-cold enough to make a great robo-wife. Am I nuts, or did I see Bette Midler in a commerical for this flick as well?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Nope, you're not nuts, Midler is in the movie.

I think it looks awful.
    Broderick and Kidman are just a ridiculous looking couple to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The story itself I think is very limited, in the sense that it was appropriate for a Marilyn French-feminist era audience, but who's going to relate to that now? I can't see it appealing to a young audience at all. I think turning it into a full-blown comedy is going to backfire.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Matthew Broderick and Bette Midler were LAST MINUTE replacements when John & Joan Cuscak bowed out due to a family emergency that happened.

I was disapointed when I finally saw the actual trailer and I could tell it was going a different direction from the original starring Katherine Ross now lead by Nicole Kidman. Why did the remake seems like Death Becomes Her (Goldie Hawn/Meryl Streep) from the 90's? It could possibly work or tank big time when it comes out. I still like to see it because along with Kidman, Broderick, & Midler it also has my fave Christopher Walken so who knows.....

I don't think that I'll catch this on video/DVD.

If anyone goes to see it, let us know what you think.

I think it looks brilliant. I love Nicole Kidman.. she's probably been my favorite actress since I saw her in "To Die For". I think taking it completely out of the suspense/horror genre and going straight comedy is the right move. Bette Midler is such a great comedic actress, and with Nicole as the straight man (which is how I think they're gonna play it) I think it'll be very entertaining. Oh! And Christopher Walken.. he's so scary.. I'm very much looking forward to this.

Matt64, if you see at the movies, tell us about it.

Was To Die For about an ambicious woman who wanted her husband killed?

If anyone saw her in Birthday Girl, tell us what you thought.

To Die For was loosely based on the Pamela Smart case.

I'm still not crazy about the idea of this movie as a flat-out comedy. I think they should have left this one alone, but if you go see it, Matt, definitely let us know what you thougt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast