+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Stepford Wives - 06/11

I think that this movie is going to be hilarious! Hubby and I saw the original a few months ago for the first time and laughed through it too. We can not wait to see the remake.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    Matthew Broderick and Bette Midler were LAST MINUTE replacements when John & Joan Cuscak bowed out due to a family emergency that happened.

I was disapointed when I finally saw the actual trailer and I could tell it was going a different direction from the original starring Katherine Ross now lead by Nicole Kidman. Why did the remake seems like Death Becomes Her (Goldie Hawn/Meryl Streep) from the 90's? It could possibly work or tank big time when it comes out. I still like to see it because along with Kidman, Broderick, & Midler it also has my fave Christopher Walken so who knows.....
    Now, if John Cusack had been in it I'd have watched it just because.

I'm leaning toward this movie being dreadful.
    I do have a lot of faith in Nicole though.
    She usually picks good scripts and I find her acting impeccible even when she doesn't.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Now, if John Cusack had been in it I'd have watched it just because.

I'm leaning toward this movie being dreadful.
    I do have a lot of faith in Nicole though.
    She usually picks good scripts and I find her acting impeccable even when she doesn't.
    John Cusack being a better choice for this movie and Nicole's impeccable acting.

Matthew Broderick and Bette Midler were LAST MINUTE replacements when John & Joan Cuscak bowed out due to a family emergency that happened.
    They weren't cast as...the couple were they?!!

I was disapointed when I finally saw the actual trailer and I could tell it was going a different direction from the original starring Katherine Ross now lead by Nicole Kidman. Why did the remake seems like Death Becomes Her (Goldie Hawn/Meryl Streep) from the 90's? It could possibly work or tank big time when it comes out. I still like to see it because along with Kidman, Broderick, & Midler it also has my fave Christopher Walken so who knows.....
    I agree with you here, Border. I'm not sure I'm keen on the campy, over-the-top tone I've seen in the commercials for the remake. I liked the original film (and book too), and think it worked because it was grounded in some really earnest performances. The re-make looks like it's winking just a little too much at the audience. And then in the commercials, they already blow the money shot of Nicole Kidman in the supermarket. Why?!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Cusacks As A Couple in the movie? No No No
    Now that would awfully weird...

I assume John was supposed to have been the role now played by Broderick and Joan was and is now the role played by Midler...

I'm hoping this is good, but I have a feeling it's going to bomb big time. There was a t.v movie sequel, I saw last year on late night t.v with, of all people, Sharon Gless as the star. I loved the original movie ( what ever happened to Katherine Ross, I used to want to be her ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I loved the original movie ( what ever happened to Katherine Ross, I used to want to be her ) ?
    you could type up her name up at imdb and see what she's up to....
    She did appear in Donnie Darko as Jake Gyllenhaal's (i dunno if I am spelling his last name right) shrink

you could type up her name up at imdb and see what she's up to....
    She did appear in Donnie Darko as Jake Gyllenhaal's (i dunno if I am spelling his last name right) shrink
    Yes your right Border, I didn't see Donnie Darko, but I googled Katherine Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Yes your right Border, I didn't see Donnie Darko, but I googled Katherine Ross.
    For you re: Donnie Darko. She's not listed on the first screen with the main cast but you can click on more and see her further down.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/maindetails

Early reviews by critiques have this movie as a big flop. I'll wait for it on DVD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast