+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of Riddick - 06/11

The Chronicles of Riddick - 06/11

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Riddick has spent the last five years on the move among the forgotten worlds on the outskirts of the galaxy, eluding mercernaries bent on collecting the price on his head. Now, the fugitive finds himself on planet Helion, home to a progressive multi-cultural society that has been invaded by the Lord Marshal, a despot who targets humans for subjugagtion with his army of warriors known as Necromongers. Exiled to a subterranean prison where extremes of temperature range from arctic nights to volcanic days, Riddick encounters Kyra, the lone survivor from an earlier chapter in his life. His efforts to free himself and Kyra lead him to the Necromonger command ship, where he is pitted against the Lord Marshal in an apocalyptic battle with possibly the fate of all beings--both living and dead--hanging in the balance.
    Genre(s):
    Action
    Sci-Fi
    Sequel
    Thriller
    Rating: Not available
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Vin Diesel -- Riddick
    Judi Dench -- Aeron
    Colm Feore -- Lord Marshal
    Karl Urban -- Vaako
    Thandie Newton -- Dame Vaako
    Alexa Davalos -- Kyra
    Nick Chinlund -- Toombs
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    They showed the first ten minutes of this movie on MTV at 11:00 PM last night... I suppose to "entice" all the young viewers watching Punk'd and Pimp My Ride. That may have backfired, because it was pretty bad.
    "The fact is, sometimes its hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then- to make the walk a little more fun."

--Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

i actually liked him as riddick in the first pitch black - but i have no interest in this movie ~ or in any other movie he's in.

I loved Pitch Black, so bad or not, I will probably check this one out.

And, uh, I don't find Vin to be too hard on the eyes.

(Judi Dench?!?!?! Dame Judi Dench!?!?)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Because of all the bilboards around I decided to rent Pitch Black Saturday and it was entertaing for a rental. I would have been dissapointed if I piad regular admission to see it in the theaters. I did like Vin Diesel though and I'm not a Diesel fan. Still don't know if I want to see this new installment despite all the bilboards I've only seen maybe two or three spots for the movie since commercial time is the time to hit the bathroom the fridge the mute ,because the commercial are to LOUD or simply surf the channels

FORT Fan
    Pitch Black was Sci-fi/Horror, but Chronicles looks like Fantasy/Adventure. I wonder why they shifted genres. Surprisingly the same guy wrote and directed both movies, so it's not a case of a new director or writer putting his own spin on the character.

The advertising strategy has been strange too. You'd think they'd try to appeal to guys by prominently featuring the attractive Thandie Newton and Alexa Davalos in the trailer, instead of showing Judi Dench in every other shot.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

i will watch it. i liked pitch black(owned it since it came out), plus HUGE Vin fan here

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    It looks like xXx with an outer space mission.

David Twohy directed Below, which was pretty decent. Pitch Black was an ok Aliens derivitive, but Riddick, I don't know...it's rated PG-13, which tells me it's either been marketed for a younger audience. The special effects look okay, but not much else.

FORT Fan
    David Twohy wrote a cool unused script for Alien 3. I think it could have been a better movie than the one they made, except it didn't have Ripley in it.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast