+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garfield - 06/11

Garfield - 06/11

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Life couldn't be sweeter for Garfield, everyone's favorite feline. Parked on a comfortable chair in front of the television, feasting on his favorite dish, lasagna, and hurling insults at his beleaguered owner Jon, Garfield is the master of his universe. When Jon takes Garfield to visit beautiful veterinarian Liz Wilson, she gives Jon a pepped-up, tail-wagging, panting creature that represents everything that Garfield loathes. Garfield, meet Odie, a lovable, dim-witted dog. The wise-cracking cat is, for the first time in his nine lives, left speechless. The clueless Odie chases his tail till he's dizzy, crashes into walls, and barks without cause, all to the unbridled delight of Jon who eagerly welcomes Odie into his home. Odie turns Garfield's perfect world upside down. Garfield's solution: OUT, DARN DOG. When the hapless hound disappears into the evil clutches of local celebrity Happy Chapman, you would think Garfield would rejoice. But he feels responsible for the fate of another. With uncharacteristic energy, courage and selflessness, Garfield manages to pull himself away from his lazy life and spring into action. He's on the unlikeliest of impossible missions: to save Odie.
    Genre(s):
    Adaptation
    Animated
    Comedy
    Family
    Rating: Not available
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Bill Murray -- Voice of Garfield
    Breckin Meyer -- Jon Arbuckle
    Jennifer Love Hewitt -- Liz Wilson, Ph.D
    Stephen Tobolowsky -- Walter J Chapman
    Nick Cannon -- Voice of Louis
    Debra Messing -- Voice of Arlene
    Alan Cumming -- Voice of Persnikitty
    Brad Garrett -- Voice of Luca, The Neighborhood Doberman
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm a fan of the comic strip & the cartoon was ok as well, but this movie doesn't sound very appealing.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Garfield looks ugly in it ! I like the comic strips' Garfield !

Ok that little cap up there just made me rethink whether I should spend my money on watching this movie

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I agree AM. Garfield looks much more better in the comic strip. And I like that he is extremely cynical. I'm not too sure about the movie though.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

i personally want to see the movie, but i will wait til it comes on dvd,(too many other movies i want to see more right now)

Besides Garfield is renowned for being a lazy lump, in the movie trailers he looks pretty active, which is so not Garfield.

My daughter is bugging me to see this. I want to wait until at least the dollar movie...she will like it but I have a feeling I will feel ripped off.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    The thing that bugs me is Odie looks nothing like Odie in the comic strip! I have loved Garfield since I was a child, and I am afraid, like The Cat in the Hat (another childhood favorite), this will be a huge disappointment.

I saw this movie tonight and I must say I already love the Garfield comics.
    I really enjoyed it, I thought it was funny and good, light, entertainment. The human actors are not really essential to the movie at all, which is very funny.
    It's fun to see some of the cats and dogs have "famous" voices, like Brad Garrett as the big dog Luca.
    I liked it and I had read the critics before going.

The digital Garfield doesn't really look like the original one, but he's really cute and seems so cuddly. The only thing that bugged me what the exact thing amna talked about just above, he's way too active in that movie; he's dancing all over the place and he runs and walks all the time. I know they had to change a bit of his laziness but still, he looks like superman (I should say supercat...)

This movie definitely gets a from me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast