+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garfield - 06/11

Silverstar... I'm with you. I took my nephew to see this on Friday night along with my parents... and we all quite enjoyed the movie. It's cute, doesn't have a terrible plot, and moved along quite quickly throughout. The kids were laughing hysterically throughout most of the movie.

I, too, wish there had been a long eared puppy as the Odie casting... but the relationship was still cute.

Dagwood, i don't think you'll feel ripped off if you go see this now. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I'm still thinking about watching this one. It hasn't been released here but I'm leaning to watching the movie. I'd probably go just to see if how different the cartoon strip and the movie is.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    I am thinking about going today to see this movie... as a daycare worker, it is my responsibility to watch all kids movies.... yeah! I like that excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I
    The digital Garfield doesn't really look like the original one, but he's really cute and seems so cuddly. The only thing that bugged me what the exact thing amna talked about just above, he's way too active in that movie; he's dancing all over the place and he runs and walks all the time. I know they had to change a bit of his laziness but still, he looks like superman (I should say supercat...)

Well, I have to admit I did kinda wonder how they could make a movie about a cat who does, well, nothing! I'll probably take my nieces and nephews to see this. I have to admit that 90% of the time I prefer kid's movies myself!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Saw this movie today.
    They could have made it a half hour long, and I'm still not sure I would have been satisfied spending my $ on seeing it. Emma (5) said it was "alright" but not even one time did she laugh out loud, nor did she have anything to say about it on the way home, and that's a rarity for kid-flicks with her.

My advice - see Shrek2 again rather than this one.

(Did see 2 great kid-flick trailers for "The Invincibles" and "Shark Tale" which look like they are going to be pretty good. Esp. hopeful on "The Invincibles")
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12