Tired Movie Cliches That Drive You Nuts
What are some tired old movie cliches that just drive you nuts? Here are few that really get under my skin.
* When people in movies order Chinese food - they always eat it out of the container and ALWAYS use chop-sticks. Yet in real life most people just use a fork or spoon.
* When a villian plants a hidden bomb - there is always a little digital clock attached to it counting down the seconds before it explodes. Why? Who needs to see it? Its hidden.
* The old - I knocked the killer out, broke both of his legs, one of his arms and he lying there dead or at least unconcious - its OK for me to rest now, leave the room and leave him for dead - whoops where did he go? He was there a minute ago. Oh there he is - ready to jump on me and restart the fight. Boy he heals quickly.
* There is a killer in my house - i checked every nook and cranny but didnt find him. Time to go get and aspirin from my medicine cabinet. Better check the bathroom though - nope, hes not there - open cabinet - close cabinet for mirror to reveal killer standing directly behind me. Boy hes quick and silent.
* I live in New York, Chicago, LA, etc. crowded cities. Yet no matter where I go - I always find a parking space right in front of the building I need to go into.
* In every single "road movie", the charecters travel the country in a vintage, classic convertible from the 1950's or 1960's - yet often times these charecters are pretty much broke or on the lamb. Yet, that corner "Used Car Lot" always seems to have a mint condition 1959 Pink Caddilac convertible that they are willing to sell for $100.