+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tired Movie Cliches That Drive You Nuts

Jay
    Movies set in Canada always seem to show cold and 15 foot snow drifts and polar bears roaming the streets. Believe it or not we do have warm summers way up here.

One thing I've always found hilarious about the Friday The 13th movies and horror movies in general (okay 2 things): #1 A car full of teens stops at the entrance to "Camp Blood" to see Jason standing there. One kid gets out and is immediately gutted. Now, I don't know about any of you but if it were me, I would jump in the driver's seat, slam that puppy in reverse and get the hell out of dodge! But, instead, the kids decide "Let's stay anyway. He probably won't kill us."
    #2 A killer is chasing someone through the house. The potential victim runs to the door and tries unsuccessfully to open it because it's locked. *note: it's locked from the INSIDE!! But the victim freaks out and instead of unlocking the door, runs upstairs into a room that's not only dark (so she can't see where the killer is) but is also devoid of any escape. The windows (if there are any) are bolted shut and if they're not, There are either bars on the window or no way to climb down.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

When the killer is right on top of the victim and instead of running, they stand there and scream for 10 minutes.
    In the movie Scream, When Drew Barrymore's character is being tormented by the phone calls from the killer. How many times did she have to answer that stupid phone before she realized it was dangerous??? Me, I would've called the cops the 3rd time he called. Also, why did she stand outside her door for 5 minutes when she should've been running across the field to her approaching mother's car???
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

This is actually a show but on an episode of ER, when Romano is killed. He looks up and sees the falling helicopter coming toward him but instead of running back into the hospital out of the way, he stands there and screams until he's crushed to death.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    Movies set in Canada always seem to show cold and 15 foot snow drifts and polar bears roaming the streets. Believe it or not we do have warm summers way up here.

Shhhhh Homer, you're not supposed to let them know that

Funny story about Canadian myths... I was on a trip to Chicago, and our tour guide literally asked me how many dogs I had. I was really confused for a minute and finally asked him what he meant. He wanted to know how many dogs it took to actually pull a sled. I said, I'm from TORONTO, not the Arctic!

FORT Fogey
    I was watching an episode of 'Leave it to Beaver' yesterday ( yes i was) and it reminded me of another cliche;

In movies and TV shows, whenever someone has a party, all of the guests always all show up at the exact same moment.

The doorbell rings, Wally opens the door and 35 people are all standing there. I guess they all came in Lumpy's jalopy? Cars were bigger then.

Whenever someone uses a computer in a movie they don't touch the mouse, the tap away at a keyboard impressively, even when they're pulling up pictures of suspects.

Another thing that drives me buggy is when they take a fuzzy security camera shot and zoom in, and magically it sharpens and you can read the print on the suspect's business card.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This thread is killing me is just too funny ...hm I have one
    When there is a fighting scene, they punch each other face, but no blood splash everywhere..only bruise like they got cut from box cutter..that's it ..that drives me crazy :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    And yet isn't amazing how many TV shows set in random big cities all look like Toronto? You can always spot it by the streetcar tracks in the road.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Damn! Found this thread late in the day (time to go home)!

Here's one that bugs:

The "brainiac" person who is trying to solve whatever is wrong in the movie figures it out while doing something totally inane.
    Example: (while eating a donut, staring at the his/her sticky fingers for 20 minutes) "OMG!!! I figured out why that tidal wave wiped out Los Angeles....the earth's crusts shifted just as the grey whales were starting to migrate to the south. When there wasn't enough food along the way, they bumped into the floorbed of the ocean, causing them to crack and in turn....CAUSING THE TIDAL WAVE!!!!"

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread