+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tired Movie Cliches That Drive You Nuts

Just a few (sorry if their repeats):

1. Bad guy shoots 10 bullets, all misses, Good guy shoots 1 = Bulleyes :rolleyes

2. You can somehow control a satellite with a deadly nuclear bomb, which will kill all man-kind through a laptop :rolleyes

3. Girl gets pregnant only through having sex with the guy once (when in most cases, its not like that) :rolleyes

4. Good guy could get shot 4 times yet still live, bad guy shot once in the leg = dead :rolleyes

5. All asian people, somehow know martial arts :rolleyes

6. when dis-arming the deadly nuclear bomb, they achieve with only 1 whole second to go :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

7. THe bad guy ALWAYS smokes :rolleyes

8. CIA people always wear black sunglasses, black suit...etc (Yeah like they won't be noticed) :rolleyes :rolleyes

9. The good guy always wins :rolleyes :rolleyes

Read some of the others replies, agree with all one big ~~> :rolleyes for those!

After such a comprehensive list, what could I possibly add? That people in movies always have a lovely french baguette sticking out the top their paper grocery bags, which are always light enough to tote in your arm like a wee tot. Not like in real life where you're lugging home eight plastic bags at one time, straps digging into your tender flesh. (Obviously, I got a personal problem here.)

BTW, what's with cars and fruitcarts? Why does a car always have to crash into a fruitcart? Do they even really have fruitcarts anywhere anymore?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

During shootouts in movies have you noticed they all turn their guns sideways and such. Ummmm WHY? And hello that screws up the trajectory and aim. And this wouldn't be such a gripe of mine if they didn't have the cops doing that too.

Speaking of cops here's a couple:
    In the movies/tv detectives all have shoulder holsters or such if they are detectives - in a citizen police academy I took a year ago - they all wore their guns on hip holsters - yes the detectives too.

And what is with this badge on a lanyard nonsense. I've never seen a cop walking around with a badge on a string around his neck.

OMG, I have a lot that get on my nerves.. ugh, movie people..

First of all, when the good guy does a good deed, they make you think that they'll get no reward, next thing you know, the guy who got the deed turns around and gives him a private island or something.

How dead people try to beat up live people in movies where they find out hidden secrets..

When the girl always dies when she falls in love...

How the people running from the murderers and slasher always seem to fall when running..

How the mean, popular, rich girl always gets that great guy that the plain jane wants and treats the guy she's dating and the girl who wanted him both like crud...

here are a few.. i have plenty more tho, trust me...
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    1. How come humans can hack into the computer systems of aliens? Are the using Windows also?

2. Entrances at all top secret, ultra high security military bases are manned by 1 guard in a small booth with a wooden arm that goes up and down.

3. All the rebel artistic characters always live in a loft in an abandoned warehouse.

I just thought of something I forgot to add to one of mine..

When they're running from the killer/slasher, they always fall, and it takes them like 10 minutes to get up, and when the monster is right there they "miraculously" get away after one jerk on the shoestring or whatever got caught in the thing...

And then why do the people always run upstairs in horror movies? My gosh, I would think you'd run outside to a neighbor's house or something...
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

How about those films that show developmentally-delayed people as plucky saints? Wouldn't it be more equalizing if some of them were portrayed as schmucky or just not particularly interesting?

[QUOTE=masashi]Just a few (sorry if their repeats):
    = dead :rolleyes

5. All asian people, somehow know martial arts :rolleyes

I don't know why but that one just cracked me up. I spit coke on my monitor. It is so true though!

Jay
    When someone is taking a shower the phone always seems to ring. The person always hears the phone. How LOUD is the freakin' phone?

All the bad guys will stand back and watch the good guy fight them one at a time. Who does that????

+ Reply to Thread