+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tired Movie Cliches That Drive You Nuts

FORT Fogey
    * The Villian has the hero right where he wants him...either tied up to some sort of complex machinery which is about to rip him to shreds, or he has a gun pointed right at the hero's head. BUT, rather than kill him, the Villian decides to take 20 minutes to explain every minute detail of his plot of world domination and thus gives the hero ample time to either be rescued by his "whacky side-kick" or loosen his restraints in order to escape and overtake the villian.

* Every yuppie charecter has a wise-cracking black or hispanic friend/co-worker who just happens to pop into the picture whenever some witty urban dialog is required.

* Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, Scotty, Checkov, Sulu and Uhura (basically every single indespensable charecter on-board) beam down to an extremely dangerous planet - oh, and "Ensign Smith" from Security also beams down with them - guess who gets eaten alive by the aliens?
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-28-2004 at 03:35 PM.

The gay friend in your apartment block upstairs. Nobody ever goes to the bathroom, except in Pulp Fiction, and also ( someone mentioned earlier ) they do Fast Food in Pulp Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    The gay friend in your apartment block upstairs.

Ala Single White Female

Nobody ever goes to the bathroom, except in Pulp Fiction, and also ( someone mentioned earlier ) they do Fast Food in Pulp Fiction.
    Don't forget Eyes Wide Shut. Actually, that movie wasn't good so, maybe it should be forgotten.

When a couple are running for their lives, they are desperate to get somewhere, however, they go somewhere to take their time to make passionate love and then they get up (not that kind of up :nono) and run again. (i.e. Disturbing Behavior and The Terminator)

This thread is killing me!!!

You guys have done such a great job; I'm going to have to cogitate for a while and see if I can think of some that haven't already been covered.

I don't know why, but it was this submission that had me splurting coffee all over my keyboard:
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    * Gum-chewing hookers.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    When a couple are running for their lives, they are desperate to get somewhere, however, they go somewhere to take their time to make passionate love and then they get up (not that kind of up :nono) and run again. (i.e. Disturbing Behavior and The Terminator)

But, this was important to the plot line in the Terminator. If Sarah and Kyle hadn't done the horizontal bop John would never be so he couldn't send Kyle back to make sure John could be. Then we wouldn't be able to have the Terminator movies. It would be really boring watching Sarah go to work every day. That hurt just typing let alone thinking about.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have wondered for years if no one in Hollywood knows telephone etiquette. You always see people having a conversation, they come to a stopping point, then just hang up. No one says good bye!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan
    if chased by monsters/serial killers in your house, the first thing you do is go up the stairs run to your room and then scream your head off(instead of running outside... stupid, stupid people)

another one... if chased by monsters/serial killers, people run like hell... the monsters/serial killers just do a normal paced walk... still, the first time you trip, the killer/monster already catches up with you

if it's not a happy ending, make sure that the protagonist has enough time to say "I want you to be happy" before dying...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee0521
    if chased by monsters/serial killers, people run like hell... the monsters/serial killers just do a normal paced walk... still, the first time you trip, the killer/monster already catches up with you

*Pretty much along the same lines. When a killer or monster is coming after someone, and that person falls and doesn't have the sense to get up to start running again.

*when the ex's can't stand each other, but before the world is about to end, they forget they hate each others' guts and get all lovey dovey.

on the ex's, Wolf. :rolleyes

When someone is about to get away from the killer by jumping in their car and the engine won't start. The engine has to turn over and over several times...and of course after all that it magcially starts just when the killer is about to slam through the window. :rolleyes
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread