+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie mistakes: Can you catch them?

FORT Fogey
    My son's favorite is in "Rush Hour 2" when Jackie Chan is doing somersaults over the pool table with his hands suposedly tied. If you watch closely, you can see his hands come apart when he is flying through the air.

Wow! I need to start paying better attention to movies.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

only one I've spotted straight away was in Freaky Friday!!!

Abt the door... (and when Lohan's character does that weird walk to Curtis's room)

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    only one I've spotted straight away was in Freaky Friday!!!

Abt the door... (and when Lohan's character does that weird walk to Curtis's room)
    Huh?

One thing we've noticed quite a bit is that a lot of times, in movies & on TV shows, if a character has a drink, the level of liquid goes up & down during the scene. Like the glass will be 1/2 full at the start of the scene, then it will be completely full 2 seconds later, & then 5 seconds later it will be 1/3 full.

I've noticed other stuff too, but I can't remember what. My husband is really great at noticing boo-boos in movies & on TV shows.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

the one i love seeing is the digital watch on an actor in a historical type movie

i do believe braveheart is one such film

I think it was this last Saturday that some channel was showing "Scream 2". I only flipped over a few times to watch and laugh.

At one point the killer-ghost guy (I've never seen the movie so I dunno what he's called) was chasing whatshername through the house with his big knife. He hadn't stabbed her at all, but when they did the classic "knife stabbed through the door" scene, there was blood on the end of the knife.
    I quickly pointed that out to whoever was in the room.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

In "Singing In The Rain", right at the end of the "Broadway Melody" number that Gene Kelly sings, his body is facing right with his face looking at the camera and then 1/2 second later when he sings the very last line, his body is facing left with his face looking at the camera and he didn't shift his weight at all. OOPS!
    Also, in the movie "King of Kings" (Not the silent version), there is a scene where Mary Magdelene visits Jesus' mother Mary at her home. When the camera is at Magdelene's back, she is leaning against the doorway with the door away from her, but when the camera is in the home facing Magdelene, she is standing straight up. This happens about 4 times through the entire scene.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In LOTR: Two Towers, when Gandalf, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas ( ) are entering the castle of Theodan. When the camera is behind Gandalf, his staff is down. So he's not using it as a "walking stick" but when the camera is in front of Gandalf facing him, He's holding the staff straight up and walking with it. This, too, happens about 3 times during the course of the scene.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Can you tell I'm in love with Orlando Bloom? ( )

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Huh?

One thing we've noticed quite a bit is that a lot of times, in movies & on TV shows, if a character has a drink, the level of liquid goes up & down during the scene. Like the glass will be 1/2 full at the start of the scene, then it will be completely full 2 seconds later, & then 5 seconds later it will be 1/3 full.

I've noticed other stuff too, but I can't remember what. My husband is really great at noticing boo-boos in movies & on TV shows.

not following???

when Lohan's character wakes up after the "change-over" and follows the brother into the mum's room, you should be able to notice (in the background) that her door is still there (Parental Advisory Poster!)

That door was "removed"...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast