+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie mistakes: Can you catch them?

I love finding mistakes and continuity problems, but I usually point them out as I'm watching a movie. It's too hard for me to recall one off the top of my head. Ravs already mentioned the only big blooper I tend to remember: Indy's snake in the glass.

The easiest mistakes to catch are in reflections. This doesn't occur quite so much now, as CGI can forgive a multitude of sins. But still, when a character is wearing glasses or sunglasses, sometimes you can see the set and the whole crew reflected in their glasses.

I also like watching keeping my eye out for the boom in the shot, or a "hair in the trap."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Caring is sharing <3 carebear04's Avatar
    I watched Reservoir Dogs on Bravo earlier tonight. They pointed out after the movie, how in the last scene (in which 3 of the characters shoot each other). No one is even pointing a gun at "Nice Guy Eddie" at all. Apparently it was brought to Quinton Terentino's attention during editing but he didn't really care and let the scene go into the movie as it was. I've seen this movie at least 4-5 times and I never noticed it. Has anyone else?

The most blatant goof hubby and I have ever caught was in The Ledgends Of the Fall. When Brad Pitt is shot on the battlefield.. the blood running down his face changes sides
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

What a cute thread idea!

Couple of my favorites are in Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts is sitting at the breakfast table in the hotel with Richard Gere, and she takes a bite of a pancake. The pancake keeps changing sizes and bite locations.

Anyone seen the "ghost" in Three Men and a Baby? One of the guys is walking through the apartment with the baby and you see (pretty clearly, too) a figure of a boy or man in the window. I've heard it's a cardboard cutout of Ted Danson used to promote the film. For a while, people were saying it was the ghost of a little boy who had died in the apartment years earlier where they were shooing the movie.

I LOVE spotting these editing flubs! I used to have a book of them years ago. Can't wait to read about more!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

A friend told me something rather eerie about "The Wizard Of Oz" but I haven't been able to catch it because he kind-of mixed two different scenes. In one of the scenes-it's either when all of them are on the yellow brick road or during the flying monkeys scene-someone hangs himself. The story is that the director's son was jealous of all the time he was spending on making the movie and was feeling abandoned. So while they were shooting that scene, he hung himself from one of the trees. I've tried to spot it numerous times but can't. But supposedly it is in there. Also in Wizard Of Oz, according to "On Screen Entertainment" that they used to do before movies in the theater, Dorothy's hair changes length 32 times during the course of the film.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

This isn't a movie but in an episode of "Less Than Perfect" Owen, Ramona and Claude are in Owen and Ramona's office talking to the woman who is carrying Owen's baby. Owen puts 4 pudding cups on the table. 3 butterscotch and a chocolate. The chocolate one is on top. When the scene ends and Nicole Sullivan (the pregnant one) leaves the room, she grabs the top pudding cup and it's butterscotch.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

One of the most famous(and one that I noticed before it was pointed out to everybody) is in "Die Hard II". The whole movie takes place in Washington DC at Dulles Airport. When McClane calls home(or maybe he is calling his cop buddy from the first movie) on a payphone, the phone's all say Pacific Bell on them! Pac Bell is a California-PACIFIC coast company!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

dobolina, I love your signature. I loved that episode of friends. Joey is the best

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    A friend told me something rather eerie about "The Wizard Of Oz" but I haven't been able to catch it because he kind-of mixed two different scenes. In one of the scenes-it's either when all of them are on the yellow brick road or during the flying monkeys scene-someone hangs himself. The story is that the director's son was jealous of all the time he was spending on making the movie and was feeling abandoned. So while they were shooting that scene, he hung himself from one of the trees. I've tried to spot it numerous times but can't. But supposedly it is in there. Also in Wizard Of Oz, according to "On Screen Entertainment" that they used to do before movies in the theater, Dorothy's hair changes length 32 times during the course of the film.
    That's not real. It's when they are all leaving the yellow brick road and it shows their backs, and he's in front of them. You see a dark figure fall and swing around. There's a link to it somewhere here, it's at ebaumsworld.com in the urban legend thing. And the story is it was some depressed munchkin, strange huh?

In "Gone with the Wind" a maid is holding a lamp, and you can see a cord attached to it XD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast