+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Day After Tomorrow - 05/28

The Day After Tomorrow - 05/28

So I got free movie passes to see this movie tonight. We are going early so we can get a seat, luckily though it is not open to the public just to the ones who got a movie pass.

I will anxious to see how good the special effects are lol...even if the movie is bad it won't matter as long as the effects are good

I've been waiting for this movie for about a year now... hopefully it will live up to my expectations by this point.

Report back in tomorrow??? Please?

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: What if we are on the brink of a new Ice Age? This is the question that haunts climatologist Jack Hall. Hallís research indicates that global warming could trigger an abrupt and catastrophic shift in the planetís climate. While Jack warns the White House of the impending climate shift, his 17 year-old son Sam finds himself trapped in New York City where he and some friends have been competing in a high school academic competition. He must now cope with the severe flooding and plummeting temperatures in Manhattan. Having taken refuge inside the Manhattan Public Library, Sam manages to reach his father by phone. Jack only has time for one warning: stay inside at all costs. As full-scale, massive evacuations to the south begin, Jack heads north to New York City to save Sam. But not even Jack is prepared for what is about to happen--to him, to his son, and to his planet.
    Genre(s):
    Sci-Fi
    Thriller
    Rating: MPAA NR
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Dennis Quaid -- Jack Hall
    Jake Gyllenhaal -- Sam Hall
    Emmy Rossum -- Laura Chapman
    Dash Mihok -- Jason Evans
    Jay O Sanders -- Frank Harris
    Sela Ward -- Dr Lucy Hall
    Austin Nichols -- JD
    Arjay Smith -- Brian Parks
    "That's Numberwang!"

I've been so anxious to see this one. I'm hoping to catch it within the next week. They had a special preview thing on FOX, and it replayed on FX a few days ago. I missed it both times, but I'm still excited about it. My friend read the book version (didn't know there was one at first) and said it was good. Enjoy, snickers.

The preview on FOX was great, although I'm worried that the movie won't be much more than the preview.

I've read several bad reviews...but that's not stopping me from seeing it tomorrow!

I think the scientists that are protesting need to realize...It's a movie!! IT's not meant to be seen as fact!!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

it got bad reviews??? well every movie i like gets bad reviews so, i pay no attention

i liked it....it was much better than what i was expecting

--it was only 2 hours---the first hour was pretty much all special effects while the second hour was more storyline related---and unlike the core which i thought was totally boring, this movie was not---there was an action scene like 3 min into the movie lol---it gets to the action right away

--the special effects were pretty well done i thought---a few scenes looked a little fake, especially this one scene with these animals attacking, but i found the special effects to be more realistic looking than say the matrix2 which i thought had very fake looking special effects

--if you are looking for a movie with deep character development this is not the movie for you---i know some people didn't like that about troy, the lack of character development, well there's even less in this movie lol

--but if you are looking for a movie with great special effects or are a fan of jake g, i think you will like this movie---if u are a hard core scientist u might not like it lol

--oh, my friend who went with me is a huge movie critic---she was in television production in college, she said she felt some of the scenes were unnecessary to the plot--i agree though it made sense why they added those scenes lol--but even she liked it

but i did enjoy the movie--glad i went and if i had paid for it i would say the money is worth it

I'm looking forward to seeing this, but I never go on an opening night, way too busy, normally go the day after, pardon the pun.

I like a movie with a good plot and character development. However, I also like some action movies. I plan to watch this one when it is released on video or DVD.

I may have to check this one out. My local newspaper gave it 2 stars

I'd like to see it, but will probably wait until it gets to the cheapie theatres.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast