+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Day After Tomorrow - 05/28

the actor is jake gyllenhall (spelling??)

he was in the good girl with jennifer aniston

uh i can't think what else, but he's been in other movies

ah yes, "the good girl" - terrible movie IMO. THanks for replying

yeah that movie was okay, didn't really like the ending too much lol

i know a lot of girls think he is hot, he's okay lol...but he was pretty cute in the day after tomorrow....a lot cuter than he was in the good girl

I thought the movie was very good. As most said, the special effects are amazing. For this movie you have to see it on the big screen. I read that many people said the effects were great but the plot wasn't. I found the plot very good, yet unrealistic at times. The movie does have some funny lines however. The movie has a great cast and Jake G. really shines.
    I would give it a 3/4

Just a note: If you are VERY scared of flying maybe you shouldn't see this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    the actor is jake gyllenhall (spelling??)

he was in the good girl with jennifer aniston

uh i can't think what else, but he's been in other movies
    Jake was also the lead in October Sky....a GREAT family movie.

The Day After Tomorrow, on the other hand, wow! I can't believe I spent $11. It was a good, laugh, however. The scene where the New York guy tells Jake's character 'Just tell her how you feel, Sam' about the love triangle that was so awkwardly jammed into the movie actually had the theatre laughing out loud! (not the reaction the director was hoping for, I'm sure). And the scene where the ship magically appears in the narrow Manhattan streets....my friend muttered out loud 'Damned Soviets....' and got a few laughs from the people around us.

It almost seemed like the screenwriters quit halfway through the movie and the actors had to adlib the rest....badly. Very corny and poorly developed, but I'll agree with others in saying the effects weren't bad.

I had heard bad things about the movie before seeing it, but insisted on going. My reasoning: it's a movie about the weather; it's gotta be good!

I liked this movie!! One of the reasons is over there to the left and another is just... that I had nothing else to do the other night at 10

Honestly, though, I wouldn't have enjoyed this movie if I'd been looking forward to it.. or if I hadn't laughed the entire time. Luckily, I was with a bunch of friends who didn't mind my constant commenting or predicting I did have a lot of fun doing that... And! When I watched this movie, I felt tears coming on during parts, too. Certain characters dying really got to me.. one of those things where you can keep telling yourself "It's a movie, it's a movie.." but it still gets to you. I went outside expecting, snow, too.

I'd reccommend renting this one unless you're going to an empty theater with a bunch of friends w/money to spare
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

FORT Fogey
    Jake Gyllenhaal

Movie, not so great, but Jake was SO worth it.

Really BAD film. We laughed at the risible dialogue and gung ho American spirit!

FORT Newbie
    im totally shocked with the bad reviews... but i myself enjoyed the movie very much..... and i didnt watch it because of the actors...

four of us watched the movies, two of them didnt like it and me and my other female friend liked it.... i guess to each his own

to the FORT HeaRty, I also really enjoyed it. But as you said to each his own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234