+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Day After Tomorrow - 05/28

I want to see it...and I will go to see it. Just too excited for it and have waited too long for it to come out.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I enjoyed it, but it wasnt that good. There were some little errors that really anoyed me though. Like when the people are in the library after the flood they said that the power went out and that the cell phones wont work but in the background they show people on their cell phones having conversations.

In my opinion, it was aiight. Just don't overanalyze it, because then you'll notice that a lot of things don't add up. Also, there is no real character development. You really don't get to know these people that well.

I'm a fan of wolves, in case you didn't know , but the scene with the wolves was totally unnecessary. It was so out of place, and the CGI was laughable. My other beef with that is , 'why do they want to continue painting the wolf as the 'big bad wolf?'.

Anyway, the natural disaster special effects (floods, tornadoes, blizzards) were all pretty cool. If you concentrate on the big picture, you'll enjoy it. If you try to break it down and analyze it, you probably won't like it.

FORT Fogey
    I want to see it, but it seems that I should spend $5 to rent it and not the $10 to see it in the theater. I think Jake G is really cute, so that was the main reason for seeing it. And Dennis Quaid isn't that bad either!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I like a movie with a good plot and character development. However, I also like some action movies. I plan to watch this one when it is released on video or DVD.
    With this movie getting so many "aw'ight" reviews I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think I still might go to the theater to see it if it's not horrible. Just because it looks like it might be impressive on the big screen. I hope they don't hurt the Wolves Wolfie , that I couldn't take.

I thought the wolf as the bad guy was unnecessary but I guess they did acknowlege that of most animals the wolves would be the ones to figure out a way to survive. How'd they manage to not become popsicles???
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I went, I saw and I'm sorry I spent $$$ on it... *sigh* Goes to show ya...

Oh well.

(Altho the special effects were good, but it seemed unoriginal in a lot of places ... )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

yes my friend thought the scene with the wolves and just all the animals in general was just not necessary--i mean wolves/animals will do whatever it takes to survive if they are starving, and only the bear/wolves could have survived from was it a zoo? i don't even know where they were kept lol

yeah you can't take this movie too seriously to enjoy it--that's what i heard about van helsing lol--to like it don't take it seriously hehe

My two cents worth:

Movie was bad, first of all the intro 100% achieves to get me a headache . The story line was so lame, the dialogue even more. The acting quite corny, graphics were great, but that's about it. I don't believe I paid $8.50 to see this movie, I wouldn't even rent it! Sure it was really impressive with their graphics, however it didn't do good enough to convince me to say "hey, this was a good movie" ... when I left, first of all the movie theater was freezing, for some reason first thing I said "Finally, it's over" I would comment on the ending, but I don't want to spoil it for others who haven't seen it yet. But overall, I wasn't expecting much from it, but was hoping it would be "okay" but it wasn't even to that limit, I personally don't reccoment it. Out of 10 I'd give it a 4!

p.s - the actor who plays "sam" I've seen him before, what movies did he play in before. It bugged me, because i couldn't remember in "what movie" i saw him in before

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast