+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I also thought this parody (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Fifteen Minutes) had some funny parts. (strong language and adult humor)
    that was sooooooo funny! thanks for posting it!!!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    This was definitely my favorite Harry Potter movie so far. I love that it was darker and more mature a movie while still being fun and magical. I thought Gary Oldman as Sirius was great but I didn't like the new Dumbledore as much. He was too lively in my opinion, instead of the low-key, wise old man.

Well, I'll just say that this wasn't my favorite HP movie.. of course, if one of my friends wanted to see it.. they wouldn't be dragging me kicking and screaming or anything. Mostly because I wouldn't mind seeing some more Daniel Radcliffe But enough of that an onto my rant!!

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Okay, what the heck was up with skipping Christmas? There was ONE quidditch game, no quidditch cup or even a House cup... not to mention, like one of each class (if even) and not even finals!! Aaaand the whole quarrel between Hermione and Ron was almost completely left out. Now, if I got into all the nitty details, we could be here all night.. and, honestly, it's not fair to do so, because they only had like two hours to do this. It had funny parts.. I laughed, I screamed, I said "Oh yeah! I remember that!" and "Where the heck is that from?" (like in the classroom where instead of standing up for Hermione when she's being a 'know-it-all' Ron just agrees with Snape) *sigh* Sorry.. might be a little too much complaining for all of you to take at once I just wish they could have explained the plot more thoroughly and actually put things in the correct sequence, but hey. Anybody notice the scenery completely changing, too? I do not remember that huge cliff... And I really didn't think the books got too "dark" yet.. mostly the fourth starts to show it. Which brings me to my next point -they're gonna have to cut out a heck of a lot to fit all that in there. I'm just crying thinking about how they're gonna make the seventh movie if the books keep getting longer. Welp, I'm done now.

Oh - and in an answer to one of the comments where ppl said "If I hadn't read the books I'd have no idea what was going on." I thought the exact same thing so I asked some of my friends that went and had never read the books if they understood what was going on. They did, so worry no more. They really should read the books though.

Last edited by build_me_up; 06-10-2004 at 11:45 PM.
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Alright, now that 15 minute Harry Potter has got to be the funniest thing I've seen all week. Thanks for cheering me up
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I also thought this parody (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Fifteen Minutes) had some funny parts. (strong language and adult humor)
    That IS pretty funny.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by build_me_up
    Well, I'll just say that this wasn't my favorite HP movie.. of course, if one of my friends wanted to see it.. they wouldn't be dragging me kicking and screaming or anything. Mostly because I wouldn't mind seeing some more Daniel Radcliffe But enough of that an onto my rant!!

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Okay, what the heck was up with skipping Christmas? There was ONE quidditch game, no quidditch cup or even a House cup... not to mention, like one of each class (if even) and not even finals!! Aaaand the whole quarrel between Hermione and Ron was almost completely left out. Now, if I got into all the nitty details, we could be here all night.. and, honestly, it's not fair to do so, because they only had like two hours to do this. It had funny parts.. I laughed, I screamed, I said "Oh yeah! I remember that!" and "Where the heck is that from?" (like in the classroom where instead of standing up for Hermione when she's being a 'know-it-all' Ron just agrees with Snape) *sigh* Sorry.. might be a little too much complaining for all of you to take at once I just wish they could have explained the plot more thoroughly and actually put things in the correct sequence, but hey. Anybody notice the scenery completely changing, too? I do not remember that huge cliff... And I really didn't think the books got too "dark" yet.. mostly the fourth starts to show it. Which brings me to my next point -they're gonna have to cut out a heck of a lot to fit all that in there. I'm just crying thinking about how they're gonna make the seventh movie if the books keep getting longer. Welp, I'm done now.

Oh - and in an answer to one of the comments where ppl said "If I hadn't read the books I'd have no idea what was going on." I thought the exact same thing so I asked some of my friends that went and had never read the books if they understood what was going on. They did, so worry no more. They really should read the books though.

same here. i was mad about that. The house points were deducted but they never gave away anything. Only one quidditch game. NO Cho Chang, barely any feelings between Harry and any other girl. They still don't show us who Hermione likes most.
    This was the best movie, but the new director changed everything a little bit

Well, I saw this PoA this afternoon. I liked it overall, but there were certain things I didn't care for. I liked the scenery, how everything looked, the visual effects, the creatures (dementors!!!), and the acting too. It just felt kind of rushed to me. I felt like all of a sudden it was the end of the year. And, I know people who haven't read the book understand it all, but I just wish there could have been some more clarifying details here and there. The ending kind of bugged me too...with the Firebolt stuff out of order. The one thing I disliked was how they left out the history behind the Marauder's Map and the pasts of Lupin, Harry's dad, Pettigrew, Snape, and Black. If they're leaving that for the 4th one, it better not take away from the plot of the 4th year. The 4th book already has enough, and I don't think they need to save more to carry over to an already lengthy movie. But, if they pull it off well, I'll be happy.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I love the movie but also thought that it was rushed a bunch. It was unfulfilling in spots where the plot skipped around and left me filling in with my imagination. The scenery was awesome. I absolutely loved all of the CG. It was great. It was a bit short and missing some things but overall I though it was pretty good.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I just realized it won't show until July 8th in Hong Kong

Sorry about that, lalol!

Well, I loved it but also agree with everyone about missing some great parts of the book, especially the one about the map!
    I was apprehensive about David Thewlis as Lupin because I really liked his character in the books but the actor was really good, as were all the other ones.
    The major thing about this movie is that it was much more about the details than the overall plot.
    I agree with Sher about Ron's twin brothers, they are so funny in the books and I wish they had more screen time.
    What about Malfoy, he got hurt pretty badly in this movie.

+ Reply to Thread