+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I was also not as impressed with this one as I hoped. Staging was beatuiful, Womping willow was great, but it got more face time then my beloved Rickman! Also, it seemed more like a series of vignettes loosley put together then an entire movie with a unifying narrative.

And Mrs. Norris (the cat) didn't have orange eyes! That jumped out immediately.

I didn't like that they left out the explanation of the map, All I wanted was for Harry to ask "how do you know this is a map?" I mean really, if Snape couldn't tell how come it was accepted that Lupin could?

And Thewlis was good, although having been scarred for life by being forced to watch "NAKED" he creeped me out, I kept waiting for him to tell Hermione to whip him with her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by kanapalimolly
    ...Some things I did not like

1. Dumbledore being a "grunge" sort of grateful dead throwback. Why was he so dirty all the time? In fact everyone seemed so dirty in this movie why?
    kanapalimolly! welcome to the fort. look around - there's much to see.

i totally agree with your above statement. i don't understand why he was gray instead of white! hell, it woulda been better imvho to just leave him in his white wizard outfit from "return of the king" than to have made him look like he'd just fallen down the chimney. and wtf was the thing in his beard?! i guess i never really imagined dumbledore to be so hip as to put a bead in his beard.

that being said - i still freakin loved this movie. my fave of the three. i hope the dvd has the extras that were cut out.

Some things I did not like

1. Dumbledore being a "grunge" sort of grateful dead throwback. Why was he so dirty all the time? In fact everyone seemed so dirty in this movie why?

I think Michael Gambon did a superb job as taking over the role of Dumbledore when Richard Harris has passed on. I do miss Harris style but Gambon trying to be like him would be obviously awkward.

Oh I think the actor did a great job of stepping in, but why did the director or whoever make him so dirty? Did you see his nails ?? He had such a grunge thing going on it was distracting.
    Many people thought the first two movies portrayed Hogwarts as to upscale, too "Etonesque". I remember reading several reviews on the first two and this was one of the biggest complaints.

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball

I didn't like that they left out the explanation of the map, All I wanted was for Harry to ask "how do you know this is a map?" I mean really, if Snape couldn't tell how come it was accepted that Lupin could?
    exactly!!!!!!!!!! a friend and i were praticaly screaming "ASK HIM HOW HE KNOWS!!!!!!" it mad me peeved that they didn't explain. also the part about how lupin went on about lily kinda creeped me out. but that's just me.
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

[QUOTE=Glitternerfball]Staging was beatuiful, Womping willow was great, but it got more face time then my beloved Rickman!QUOTE]

Glad to see I am not the only person at FORT who as a love for Alan Rickman. Everytime I hear that voice of his I get shivers.

Just saw the movie today. Being that I saw it IMAX style really made me enjoy my movie experience. I think the director did an awesome job and this has to be my favorite of the three. I give it

Rickman did get slightly more screen time versus COS.....

*SPOILER FROM MOVIE WARNING!*

The scence where Harry got stopped in the hall by Snape (Rickman) and Lupin (Thewlis) just happen to take him away I just dug the GLARING look Rickman gave at Harry as he was moving away....

I LOVED that moment....

END

I saw Prizoner of Azkaban on Tuesday and enjoyed it so much more than the first two movies. I really wanted to like Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, but they were tedious and uninspired, especially compared to this reimagining of the Harry Potter world. It captured more of the fun and quirky charm that make the books so fantastic.

My friend and I noticed that Harry's scar seemed to be floating around his forehead, though. Unless we were mistaken, it was on a completely different side during the bogart scene. You would think that this kind of detail would not be overlooked.

My absolute favorite part: Sirius Black's wanted poster.

I also thought this parody (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Fifteen Minutes) had some funny parts. (strong language and adult humor)

+ Reply to Thread