+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Was I the only one a little worried when they heard the director of "Y Tu Mama Tambien" was signed on to direct? You know 2 guys 1 girl......
    I was just interested on how the movie would turn out.

I had fun watchin this. Not the fanatic Potter fan but I enjoyed this one, since I'm not paying for the movie tickets and all.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Was I the only one a little worried when they heard the director of "Y Tu Mama Tambien" was signed on to direct? You know 2 guys 1 girl......

I haven't seen this movie yet, but according to the New York Times, Harry's acting is the film's biggest limitation. Will Daniel Radcliffe be able to pull off the character's growing emotional complexity? Maybe a new cast is in store...

But the books will always be better, no matter what.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    about the books.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Part 3 without a doubt is the best one. Everything was just better i felt. Part 2 was so long and boring, by the snake part i was tired already. Prisoner of A, was graphically awesome. .. Malfoy was just plain funny in this one heh, he looks so different! I didn't really notice the other characters. Loved this movie, can't wait for DVD
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I saw it Friday night. I loved it. Of course I have intentionally avoided rereading the book so as to not remind myself of details because if I did - I'd nitpick to death. The second movie didn't do a lot for me. This one reminded me of why I love this series.

And books are ALWAYS better than the movie. But when you consider that a script runs (on average) a page of script (which is only dialogue and description of action) = 1 minute of movie time versus a book that is over 400 hundred pages long - things are bound to get left out.

Alfonso Curaon did a DARN good Y Tu Mama Tambien BTW
    There is 2 versions of this flick sooo if ya cant handle the extreme au naturalness if you know what I am talking about I suggest the R version.

*MIGHT GO INTO SPOILERS WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN AZKABAN YET*

Now with Curaon's take on Azkaban. The pace is VERY different from Chris Columbus who brought us the first two. The Dursley's seemed VERY TAME and I was kinda saddend the deal Harry made w/ Uncle Vernon if he behaved himself during Aunt Marge's Stay the note Harry needed to be signed to go to hog's mead was not in. Also, Harry meeting up w/ Fudge when he got off of the NightBus was'nt there also and learning that he did not say who he was just skipped over. But not to go into full detail of the WHOLE movie a lot of detail in some of the characters got overlooked. I felt the pacing of Azkaban seemed RUSHED. But still there SOME great moments and references from the book were seen in the movie. But ya gotta figure. Only sooo much the movie can cover under 2 hours. I enjoyed it IMO.

Don't you think it would be a little crazy if Harry was being played by some 17 year old?
    Not really. Not to mention, Moaning Myrtle is played by some 40 year old, so when Harry is supposed to be 15, but the actor is 17, I don't care much.

Oh, one thing I didn't like was they recast the Fat Lady. They can't go from serious, old broad to young, giddy girl. I also thought the painting ripping should have been more brutal. I loved the dementors though. Really creepy, loved the whole skeletal look. Bravo!! Especially the mouth, bah, creeped me out! Also, didn't like the whole scene w/ the firebolt. Urgh, and didn't like the ending. Could have been way better.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban : C+

Extremely rushed and so many key elements of the plot left out. If I hadn't read the book, I'd have no clue what was going on in some parts. Better than the first one, but far worse than the second one.

I prefer the first 2 to this one. I also felt it was very rushed and at there was not nearly as much magic as I would have liked. Do we know who is directing the next one. I know Curaon isn't. I know the critics liked this movie better than the others but I prefer Chris Columbus' directing. I just seem to perfer the traditional view of the books as was shown in the first 2.

+ Reply to Thread