+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Yes, DJ, the actors are the right age I think for Order of the Phoenix, so I think they're going to have to get a new cast for Goblet of Fire. I just visited a Harry Potter Forum, those people are obsessed, conspiracy theories, Hermione is really Bellatrix Lestange's illegitimate daughter sent out for adoption etc, just some insane stuff.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think they'll have to get a new cast for Goblet of Fire. Maybe Order of Pheonix and definetly for the 6th and 7th books as the 6th will be released next year ( ) and the 7th who knows when. I totally agree about miscasting Sirius. He should be way more attractive. oh well. I'm looking forward to the movie. I like how the new director is making it darker than the others.

I don't know if this has been posted, but they are currently shooting the 4th movie and after that there will be a new cast if there is a new movie.

So far this movie has been getting great reviews, its supose to be the best of the series.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I don't know if this has been posted, but they are currently shooting the 4th movie and after that there will be a new cast if there is a new movie.

So far this movie has been getting great reviews, its supose to be the best of the series.

THere are NO PLANS for a new cast for the fifth movie. In fact, Newsweek reported that the cast has been offered the rest of the films, but they are still taking it one at a time, which is a good decision from a financial perspective.

*EDITED to make MUCH less abrasive and rude.
    Last edited by sher; 06-07-2004 at 03:10 PM.

The key part of my post was that there would be a new cast if there was another movie. I got this directly from the stars of Harry Potter when they were on a talk show. Don't you think it would be a little crazy if Harry was being played by some 17 year old?
    Last edited by sher; 06-07-2004 at 03:10 PM.

I also saw an interview with Daniel Radcliffe saying that it was not certain whether or not he would be doing the rest of the movies. It was on MSN Video today.

Thanks for posting AIWANNABE

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I don't like the casting of Gary Oldman as Sirius. Sirius in the book is suppose to be very good-looking, and even though Olman is a great actor he doesn't have the physical attributes of the character. I thought Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan would have been a more appropriate choice. I also don't like Emma Thompson as Sybil Trelawney, even though I like her as an actress, she's just too crisp for that part, I would have liked to have seen, someone more spacey, like Jennifer Saunders in the part. I'm glad they have a different director, maybe it won't be such a literal interpretations of the book this time, but yes I'm a closet Harry freak, someday I'll come out.
    I actually like this casting.I might be wrong but I remember Sirius Black being described as someone who used to be good looking but was really worn down and tormented from being locked up so long. I think Gary Oldman definitely has that tormented look down. JMO though. Was I the only one a little worried when they heard the director of "Y Tu Mama Tambien" was signed on to direct? You know 2 guys 1 girl......

I saw the midnight showing. I will be in a minority because it was a huge disappointment. I am a big fan of the first 2 and was looking forward to going. The plot, sub-plots, special effects, acting, and general film making were very sub-par. I didn't think it would be possible to mess this up, but I think they did.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Can't wait to see this!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    I saw the midnight showing. I will be in a minority because it was a huge disappointment. I am a big fan of the first 2 and was looking forward to going. The plot, sub-plots, special effects, acting, and general film making were very sub-par. I didn't think it would be possible to mess this up, but I think they did.
    Oh really? Aww....and I was thinking of reserving IMAX tickets for it but it was sold out.

+ Reply to Thread