+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I don't like the casting of Gary Oldman as Sirius. Sirius in the book is suppose to be very good-looking, and even though Olman is a great actor he doesn't have the physical attributes of the character. I thought Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan would have been a more appropriate choice. I also don't like Emma Thompson as Sybil Trelawney, even though I like her as an actress, she's just too crisp for that part, I would have liked to have seen, someone more spacey, like Jennifer Saunders in the part. I'm glad they have a different director, maybe it won't be such a literal interpretations of the book this time, but yes I'm a closet Harry freak, someday I'll come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I don't like the casting of Gary Oldman as Sirius. Sirius in the book is suppose to be very good-looking...
    i agree. i didn't get a clear image of Siruis until the order of the Pheonix.
    I was pretty disappointed. Now when i see the previews i think of Sirius looking like a Hagrid or something.

anyways i got my ticket for a later night showing so hopefully the kids and crying babies will not be there around that time.
    The tickets for the time i got are Halfway sold out.
    can you believe it??
    he said to come about an hour early. i will come earlier than that

i thought i heard they wanted ewan mcgregor to be sirius originally

emma thomspson is trelawny?????? oh that's a terrible casted role.....trelawny is supposed to be like big lol

My kids are happy as I went and got tickets for opening day. It is their first day of summer vacation. This is our favorite of the books and I hope they do it justice.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Can't Wait to see this I bought the 2nd dvd too . However, this one will be only like 2hour and 20 mins wish it were longer
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

We are planning to see the movie mid week. My kids are frothing at the mouth to see it opening day but we have plans. So we are getting together with my SIL and nephews to go see it.

I too wasn't thrilled with the idea of Gary Oldman playing Sirus, but I guess we'll have to see.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'm a big fan. I'll be going with my son and daughter. We will probably go to the first matinee on a Saturday, but probably won't go until the movie's been out for a few weeks. I want to see it but I hate to be in a really crowded movie theater. Someone always sits in front of me and gets up and down throughout the movie, and the noise of coughing, whispering and downright talking out loud irritates me so much I can't enjoy the movie. :rolleyes
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

It's getting great reviews!!!!! The best of the 3.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I've been waiting a long time to see this. I really hope they are able to keep the same cast for all the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I've been waiting a long time to see this. I really hope they are able to keep the same cast for all the movies.
    this seems like a tough thing to do. The actors now are what i imagined would be for The Order of the Phoenix. They look a little too old for the parts now. And they can't really tape the rest to catch up as we won't see any age progression. I wished they had caught the eyes of these actors/actresses earlier.
    i love Harry Potter but they look too old man

+ Reply to Thread