+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

I've had Netflix for about 3 months now and overall I seem to enjoy it. Maybe it's the kid in me that loves getting packages in the mail. I enjoy doing research on and filling my queue with all sorts of movies that maybe I would not have given a second look at had I seen them in the video store.

What do you think of Netflix?

On average, it seems like I have a problem (lost or damaged) with movie about 1 out of 10. Do you have the same problem?

I've never tried it because it seems like such a hassle to have to go to the post office so much. Do you find it to be a hassle at all?

I've gotten movies from Nexflix for almost 3 years now. Problems have been minimal, 2 lost on the return end, they didn't charge me, a couple broken, they replaced immediately.

The trick I use to always get the new movies when they come out is have them in my quest on the Mon. before the new movie is released the next day (Tues). New releases are always on Tuesdays.

I find if I don't have a return movie arriving on Mon. for the new releases the wait list can be months.

Lord of the Rings 3 will be mailed to me today and I will have it by Wed. I missed Kill Bill 1 by a day and had to rent it from Blockbuster.

The turn around time is fast sometimes only 2 days.
    New movies are the big problem.
    Last edited by Noreen; 05-24-2004 at 05:05 PM.

I've been a subscriber for about 2 years, and like Noreen, I have had largely a good experience with Netflix, with only a couple of problems (2 times movies never arrived, but they sent replacements right away & I've only had one that couldn't be played and that too was replaced quickly). The only complaint I do have is that as it's gotten much more popular, in my area the turnaround time (which used to be 2 days) has increased to 3 or 4 days.

I like their selection. They have a pretty large collection of foreign and independent films, which I like. New and popular releases can have a wait (although I do what Noreen does too, and have them at the top of my queue early, which sometimes, but not always seems to work), but really I'm not the kind of person that HAS TO see something the minute it's out. If I'm that in love witht the movie, I'll be buying the DVD anyway, not renting it.

I like it because I have a crummy memory, and when I used to go to the videostore, I'd be scratching my head in the aisles because I can never remember what I came for. Now I have a handy queue where I can type what I want as soon as it comes to mind, I never have to think about it anymore, it just comes when it's available.

I don't have to go to the post office, DJeterFan, because I just receive them and send them back from my own mailbox.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I signed up for the 2-week trial for Netflix. I liked it, but I just couldn't justify $20/month for movies. I don't watch that many of them.

They're nice if you're travelling, because you can watch them on the plane or whatever, and then just drop them in a mailbox at your destination.

We used to rack up a lot of late fees. I love netflix, because we avoid that. It is worth the $ for that alone. My only complaint is that they raised the rate right after we signed on. I can live with it though.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I have been a member for 2+ years now. I have had DVD's delivered to Hotels and my Apartment. In that time, I have lost 2 or 3 (never a problem). One has been cracked in half (my mail person STUFFS my DVD's into a very small mail box). Also not a problem.

Recently I have down graded to 2 DVD's at a time and 4 DVD's a month because work is keeping me away from my DVD and TV.

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz
    One has been cracked in half (my mail person STUFFS my DVD's into a very small mail box). Also not a problem.
    Interesting, as the very same thing happened today with Kill Bill Vol. 1. I was waiting on pins and needles for this one, and literally CHASED the mailman down the sidewalk to complain. Dude, DVD's are not meant to bend, so don't try to defy physics.

And now I have to wait that many more days to see it. Hope there is no problem.

So obviously, the only problems I've had with Netflix is my incompetent mail delivery person. I love seeing all these movies that I wouldn't normally rent for $4 a night (House of Sand and Fog, for example).

FORT Newbie
    I just signed back up for Netflix and I really like it. I am notorious for being late in returning my movies, so a $4 movie rental usually cost me $8 and I rent movies for my kids, at least one every weekend, so this works well, even if I only get 4 a month, that is worth the cost to me.
    ~Robyn~

I tried the 2 week trial thing and i didnt like it. I had to wait a long time to get my next selections like if i sent the 3 on monday i wouldnt get my next 3 until saturday :phhht. I watch alot of movies(i watched the 3 in 24 hours) and i hated waiting all week when i could just go to Hollywood Video and rent them that day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast