+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

I've had the Blockbuster online thing for about two weeks, and I love it. I've been getting more movies than I could possibly ever watch. I've received a couple disks that were so scratched they wouldn't play, but I took them back to a Blockbuster store, and they exchanged them for me. They also gave me an extra coupon for a free movie for the trouble.

Bbnbama, the program doesn't apply to video games, but if you take your online DVD back to the store, you get a coupon for a free DVD or video game.

I'm thinking of getting the $9.99 per month deal (one movie out at a time) after my free trial runs out. I could still have so many free movies with that plan simply by returning the DVDs to the store--instead of mailing them back in.

I have Netflix and I LOVE it.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

SV, you made the switch too? It's really an amazing deal for the price, and I'm already through the list of movies I *wanted* to see. Now I'm in that second tier group.

By the way, "Babel" sucked. In case that's in your queue.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i love my netflix!!! we are on the 4-movie plan ... my 22 year old daughter keeps her separate queue and it works great for us. as for returning them, i just drop them off at the post office on the way to work in the morning, so it's never an extra trip for me.

FORT Fogey
    actually i did put my netflix on hold a month ago. I will be switching to blockbuster sometimes in april or may.

Re: Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

Question for anyone that has netflix-Has the site been acting up for you today? I keep going to it and it won't work. Every now and then I'll get the front page but most often I get a "Netflix Site Error". Even if the front page does work if I try to see my queue or watch a movie it messes up.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i haven't noticed any problems on my end. but then i rarely go anywhere else on the page than my queue (i have it bookmarked directly on that page)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;2558127;
    Question for anyone that has netflix-Has the site been acting up for you today? I keep going to it and it won't work. Every now and then I'll get the front page but most often I get a "Netflix Site Error". Even if the front page does work if I try to see my queue or watch a movie it messes up.
    I was getting that last night but it works fine now.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

I have both Blockbuster and Netflix. I started with Blockbuster, but added Netflix when I could not find complete seasons of Farscape at Blockbuster, either online or in the stores. Both have plusses and minuses for me.

Blockbuster: The new Total Access where you return an online at the store and get a free DVD from the store plus the next one on your list online is what kept me at Blockbuster. Price is good, for now; I pay $17.99 for 4 out at a time, plus a printed store coupon each month. Selection and availability is fair. Rumor has it they may be raising their price, however. If they do, I will either drop BB or change to a lower plan.

Netflix: They just lowered their price to $16.99 for 3 at a time. Better inventory of titles and quicker availability on new releases than Blockbuster. I also make use of the 1 hour per plan dollar of watching directly online. It actually took me several months before I realized they had that.

Turnaround time is generally quick for me with both Sometimes BB is faster; other times Netflix is faster. Except for holiday weekends, I generally have a new DVD arriving within 1 or 2 days from both of them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like Netflix's interface a lot. I love re-positioning my movies and the 'friends' aspect.

However, reading this...I am curious about BB. I wouldn't use the store option. None near me.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread