+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

When I cancelled Netflix they informed me that they will keep the queue information for 90 days (should I decide to join again).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i've been a member to netflix since 99 or '00? when they only had one distribution center in the whole country (san jose, Ca).
    i love it- but tried to quit b/c i wasnt watching enough movies on the 3 at a time for $20 plan- so they gave me a 2 at a time for $14 plan-(unlimited per month)... and there is a distribution center about an hour away so the turn around time is 3 or 4 days. i get 6-10 movies a month on this plan- depending how ambitious i am...

I love Netflix

I've been on the plan for several years now, so I'm grandfathered for the 4 at-a-time for $22 plan.

I haven't set foot in a video store in over 3 years. What Netflix does for me is saves me time. All that time walking up and down the isles, looking for a good movie and finding it's already checked out -- gone!

I don't always get my $22 worth of movies each month. I consider it like paying for cable TV. I don't always watch all the different channels, but it's just part of my entertainment package.

I live near a distribution center so I usually have a 2-3 day turnaround. I like that I can keep the movie as long as a I want (I think I had one movie for almost a year!) I haven't had a broken or lost DVD yet.

Okay, remember how I was saying I love Netflix and the turnaround time has been pretty good and blah blah. Well, forget about it, I'm totally peeved. I reduced my subscription to 3-out a couple weeks ago (I used to be on 5-out, being a huge movie buff, but I don't have as much time right now), and ever since then, my turnaround on movies has stretched out. I sent back three movies over a week ago and still haven't received the next movie in my queue (and I checked the site, they got my returns, so it isn't as if they were lost in the mail).

Is this there way of punishing me for trying to economize?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I have the 2-out for $14 plan. Although I LOVE the service the CDs sit there for weeks on end, nagging me. I've had one out since April 8 and still haven't gotten to it. Damn movie has cost me more than $40.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Well, I have been contemplating trying this out, and now I have. (Coming across this post gave me the nudge.) Wish me luck. It was fun racking up the queue list with my son.
    I live in an apartment though... do you think the discs will fit in my pea size of a mailbox? Hopefully...
    I'll re-read these posts, but if you guys/gals have any other tips, feel free to share. Thanks all!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

They'll fit, Lisa. I have a small mailbox too, and while I was initially worried, you'll see that they come in slim envelopes that are no larger or bulkier than the rest of your regular mail.

Watch how you open that first one though, because the envelope it comes in is the same you'll use to mail it back.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Thanks, SG. I'm excited. We racked up 100 movies in no time. I am disappointed, as you all pointed out, about the turn around time. The site advertises one day delivery time to 80% of it's customers. (or something along those lines.) My 3 shipped today, Monday, and ETA is Thursday it says. Hmph.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Wow, who the heck is getting one day delivery? Netflix used to have a super-quick turnaround. I'm telling you, in the past couple of years I've been a subscriber, it went from a 2-day wait for new movies, to a 4-day wait--and now I'm waiting a week to get something new. Rather aggravating if you ask me. Still, I can't be bothered to go to the video store, and love having movies in the queue (to avoid "What did I want to watch?" Syndrome), so for the meantime I'll remain a subscriber.

I've noticed something strange. If I send back a popular DVD they receive it the next day, if I send a ho-hum back it takes sometimes 2-3 days for them to credit my account.

+ Reply to Thread