+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

Re: Netflix: Love It or Hate It?

I just contaced Sony and was given a Sony Blue Ray player that should enable me to get Netfix streaming. I've looked up thread, but most posts are from awhile ago. Does anyone have any recent recommendations?

How do I know if my internet has enough speed?

How much do you pay per month? I saw it was $7.99 somewhere AND does your local cable company have anything to do with it?

Sherlock (season 3) is now streaming. "The Empty Hearse" shows as either S2E7 or S3E1. There are so many hilarious parts as well as serious, of course. YAY!!! Sherlock is back!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Sherlock (season 3) is now streaming. "The Empty Hearse" shows as either S2E7 or S3E1. There are so many hilarious parts as well as serious, of course. YAY!!! Sherlock is back!
    THANK GOODNESS!!!! My DVR missed the first episode of the season, and then I waited too long to catch it on the PBS website! I have had the other two epis sitting on my DVR for months waiting for me to figure out a way to catch up!!

Thanks Arielflies, you just made my day!!!!!

cant wait to see Orange is the New Black which starts this weekend! Loved the first season.
    Punkin, waywyrd and Dinahann like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    cant wait to see Orange is the New Black which starts this weekend! Loved the first season.
    Me too! They start streaming tomorrow, however, I'm keeping my four year old grandchild that day and the six year old is spending the night, so I won't be able to start watching until Saturday. I'm SO looking forward to it!
    PGM35 likes this.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Me too! They start streaming tomorrow, however, I'm keeping my four year old grandchild that day and the six year old is spending the night, so I won't be able to start watching until Saturday. I'm SO looking forward to it!
    Right - the 6th - I keep thinking the 6th is Saturday for some reason. LOL Thanks for the reminder that it's not. I will probably spend all Sat on it since I won't have time Friday. Since this is a Netflix thread, anyone watch House of Cards? What other series on Netflix are there?

I just got an e-mail that LUTHER Series 3 is NOW AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING!!!!!!

I am SO excited! Between this and Sherlock I think my weekend just filled up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Right - the 6th - I keep thinking the 6th is Saturday for some reason. LOL Thanks for the reminder that it's not. I will probably spend all Sat on it since I won't have time Friday. Since this is a Netflix thread, anyone watch House of Cards? What other series on Netflix are there?
    House of cards was THE best thing after Breaking Bad. We loved it. As for Orange, I like it sometimes, other times I don't.
    Punkin and PGM35 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just contaced Sony and was given a Sony Blue Ray player that should enable me to get Netfix streaming. I've looked up thread, but most posts are from awhile ago. Does anyone have any recent recommendations?

How do I know if my internet has enough speed?

How much do you pay per month? I saw it was $7.99 somewhere AND does your local cable company have anything to do with it?
    Love it!

Netflix is independent of any cable companies. We used to use a Roku device to watch, but now we have "smart" TVs in Living Room and Bedroom and Netflix is accessed through our wireless modem (I think) to the Netflix app on the TV. Just join Netflix. You can do it online, $7.99 monthly auto-pay on a credit card, quit any time you want (but you won't want), and access it through your Sony Blue Ray DVD. There are hundreds of fascinating Documentaries (my favorite section) on Netflix! And, of course, you can binge watch House of Cards and many TV series you wish you had watched, as well as more movies you can ever find enough time to watch. As you see films you want to watch, you just add them onto your "Queue" on your Netflix account on your computer. I have 54 things queued up on mine! Have fun!
    Last edited by Punkin; 06-06-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

We just started watching Luther. OMG!! At times I holding my breath
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread