+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elijah Wood Bags Role in All-Star Movie

Elijah Wood Bags Role in All-Star Movie

Written by Stephen Silverman
    http://people.aol.com/people/news/no...401580,00.html

Elijah Wood is on a roll.

The Frodo Baggins of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" saw his movie gross more than $26 million on its first day in wide release Wednesday, Reuters reports.

With such a heady launch, the cumulative box-office take for the second part of the J.R.R. Tolkien trilogy is expected to zoom past the $100-million mark by Sunday, say industry observers.

Now comes news that Wood, 21, will costar in the upcoming movie "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," from a screenplay by Charlie Kaufman, who wrote and serves as the subject of the new Nicolas Cage movie "Adaptation."

The new drama, to be directed by Michel Gondry ("Human Nature") also boasts a modest cast: Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst, Tom Wilkinson and Mark Ruffalo, Variety reports.

Shooting is expected to start next month in New York.

As with other Kaufman movies (besides "Adaptation," his credits include "Being John Malkovich"), this one involves the human brain.

According to Variety, Carrey and Winslet will play a couple out to rekindle their romance through a revolutionary treatment that erases painful memories. Wood's role would be that of a technician overseeing their treatment.

Hmmmm, Wood is very boyish looking, I'm not sure whether he will be believable in this role.

The movie sounds interesting though and I love Kate Winslett so I will probably go and see it.
    She's in a movie that's being released soon with Kevin Spacey, she's a reporter and he's on death row.
    That one looks like it will be really good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

ooh fluff, that sounds like it will be good! i love kate winslet, too. and kevin spacey is awesome!!

It looks excellent from the trailers I've seen Sid.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I hadn't heard about that movie, Fluff, but I'm a big fan of both KW and KS...let us know if/when you hear anything else!

Typically I haven't seen a trailer for it the last three times I've been to a movie :rolleyes

I'll have to do some research and see what I can find out.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I know - Elijah Wood was BORN to be a Hobbit. I'd think it would be hard for him to do anything else now.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread