+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old movie re-makes

Originally posted by Zhora
    I really liked the original Willy Wonka. I suppose the technology is there to make some interesting changes, but I just can't picture anyone else but Gene Wilder in that role. I would certainly watch it if they remade it though.
    I think it would be great to see a remake as long as it retained some of the "innocence" of the original.
    Too high tech would spoil it for me.

actually, i heard (granted, take this with a grain of salt as it's just hearsay) that they ARE remaking Willy Wonka and that Nic Cage is going to play willy wonka.

Nicholas Cage as Willy Wonka?

That's just wrong. Please say you're joking.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    why remake willy wonka? the first one followed the book so well. having read it in the sixth grade. I liked it as a movie too.

i loved the books... charlie and the chocolate factory and charlie and the great glass elevator. read them when i was very young as well...

and as i heard the nic cage as wonka rumor a long time ago (a year at least) and nothing has come to fruition, it was probably JUST a rumor.

by the by... i loved ocean's 11, the remake. they are about to start filming "ocean's 12." i HATED the remake of Psycho. the first was so freakin' scary... couldn't get any better than that and i just didn't believe vince vaughn as norman bates... didn't fit to me.

Bon vivant-it sounds cool Samurai Ranger's Avatar
    Some of the choices for remakes just baffle me. "Gone in Sixty Seconds"? Who came up with the bright idea of remaking that movie? Although I doubt there are many out there who feel that a remake violated the sacred memory of such a cherished classic ! Anyway, regarding remakes of my beloved Seven Samurai, I enjoy The Magnificent Seven and A Bug's Life (although I confess to not having seen Battle Beyond the Stars).
    Willie Wonka sounds promising, as long as they don't make it too impersonal and mechanical with CGIs and such.

The Bishops Wife remake: Julia: Julia Roberts The Angel: George Clooney Henry: ?

I still can't cast the part of Henry. ! grrrrrrrr!

Princess
    I'm probably very conservative (today's understatement! ), but I don't see the need for re-makes at all. I really don't know of a single remake where the original hasn't been better than the re-make. Nikita, The Seven Samurais, and Vanilla Sky for example...

I think the time has come for a remake of the greatest movie of all time...

I refer of course to Caddyshack.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by Zhora
    I don't think anyone can really justify the remake of Psycho. I think Hitchcock got it right the first time.
    Now I didn't see the remake of Psycho, but I thought the most ridiculous part of the remake was the apparent insistence on each shot of the remake matching each shot of the original. At that point, it's not even a remake, but a rehash. That's just plain stupid. I like Vince Vaughn and everything, but - holy $#!!+ - what a waste.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast