+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities you've met

Celebrities you've met

I live in Santa Monica somewhat near Hollywood and all but I'm usually oblivious to celebrities. I used to be a gym rat at a local gym near here. From time to time, I would notice this other Asian girl because we were the only two (it's a small gym.) Sometimes she would go everyday at all hours and there were times when I wouldn't see her for months (did I mention I was a former gym rat?) We would take certain classes together and later became better acquaintances. A couple of times she even came over because I live across a great dance studio. Months later, after not seeing her around, I found out she was in The Scorpion King and Xmen2. Yeah, I'm talking about Kelly Hu. She does not look at all like her screen image but IMO even better because I've seen her without makeup (really, who wears makeup to the gym?) and with her hair always tied up. I feel stupid for never recognizing her or asking what she did for a living. It's probably because she acts very uncelebrity-like and is really sweet, humble, and unpretentious.

Let's see, I met Selena Quintanilla the Tex-Mex singing star and her husband Chris at a party in San Antonio, saw but didn't meet Patrick Swayze at the Houston Airport (he's incredibly short). I was dared to approach and talk to Lyle Lovett at the one hour photo center of the grocery store I worked at in College Station, Texas. Being a former Aggie, he was in town doing a concert, and he was very gracious. Lived in San Antonio for a few years and spotted most of the Spurs around the city, but got to talk to Dennis Rodman at a club. He was at that time pretty shy. Now I live in the city that spawned the Judds, and I've run across Ashley a few times but can't say I know her.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I've met a few in Vancouver

Rob Lowe, he's really short
    David Duchovony or however you spell his name, looks exactly like he does on t.v and a nice guy
    Rutger Hauer, met him in a gay bar honest, he was the android in Blade Runner, one of my all time favortie movies.

Anne Reinkling, love her!

Jack Nicholson was filming the Pledge outside the building I live in, didn't meet him, but saw him on the street a few times.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 05-15-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze - both short? I'm surprised at both of those!

I recognized someone in the lost and found at LAX once. I knew he was a stand up comic on Comedy Central but I didn't have a clue what his name once. A couple of years later he got his own show and I remembered him sadly waiting for word on his luggage with the rest of us - Jamey Kennedy.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This is not a movie/tv person, but anyway... I met my favorite poet at a literature professor's birthday party, but I was too much in awe to go have a discussion with him .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Awww Tirlittan, I could relate to that. At one of my favorite author's book signing I forgot everything I practiced and memorized to say. I was too much in awe that I suddenly felt inadequate. At least I walked away with an autographed copy.

Billy Dee Williams and David Prowse.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I've talked to a few pro sports players, like Xavier McDaniel, then of the Seattle SuperSonics, and Brent Jones of the SF 49ers. I saw Joe Montana at the Stanford Shopping Center once, but he was Christmas shopping with his kids, and I knew he wouldn't want to be interrupted. I just admired him. He's a big dude, much bigger than he looks when surrounded in the pocket by a bunch of hulking linemen.

I've also met a whole bunch of reality TV stars, if you count them as celebrities.

And a Playboy model used to drive through our McDonald's in Homer, Alaska, when I was just out of high school. She looked much better in the pages of the magazine, but she wasn't atrocious in her big ol' SUV, either.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone. I'll re-post if anyone else comes to mind.

Gee, Stargazer, what's the connection with your two? I can't imagine. On a completely unrelated note, ever been to any conventions?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Oooh, I have to share my Gary Coleman story!

Two years ago I was an intern at TechTV, a little-seen cable channel. Near the end of my internship I was working in the booking department. One day I was at the studio working on a video piece. My supervisor was the booking manager- that day he had to pick Gary Coleman up from the airport so he could guest host one of the channel's show that afternoon.

Around one or so my sup showed up at the studio with Gary, and they came up to the editing room where an editor and I were working. The sup introduced Gary to the editor and I, and Gary shook the editor's hand but completely ignored me!

The sup, editor and Gary chatted for a bit and I went down the long, narrow hallway to another editing suite. I talked to my other supervisor- for two weeks I was working in two different departments- and said to him and his editor "Gary Coleman's in the studio, and he totally stiffed me!" They peeked into the hallway, saw him, and we chatted for another minute.

I headed back down to the other suite, and as I was walking Gary was standing there and he said, quite loudly, "Here she comes!" He started doing this There was no reaction from anyone, including myself, and as I got back into the suite the sup and Gary headed downstairs to the studio.

It was a definite oddball moment. Seeing this man who comes up to my waist bow down to me was unforgettable.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    I was an extra on a few movies in Calgary (before going back to Oz) in the late 70's & early 80's and met Richard Prior and in Superman 3 and again in Silver Streak.

Also met Prince Charles a couple of years before he met Diana, when he was visiting one of the native reservations in Southern Alberta. I was a boyscout that was part of the protocal ceremonies that accompanied his tour. I can see Prince William doing those types of tours in the near future.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast