+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities you've met

There was a thread on this a while back in GD.

Name-dropping

I've seen Kelly Hu, too, WomynLee, but only because her stylist used to live in WeHo next door to my friend. She would go by there to try on clothes a lot. She's gorgeous, but yes very modest and seems like a sweetie.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    I met George Washington just last year.... man, people say he's dead, but he sure is doing well for someone who's lived 200-300 years!

He was a nice man, a bit odd... but then, he is pretty old.

I'll tell you about my meeting with Elvis that I had yesterday when I get back from work.

Oh alright.. It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds.

I was in Chapters reading a magazine, and as I leaned over to put the magazine away (I was just about to leave the store), I bumped into a man's chest. I didn't really look over when I apologized, I just kind of mumbled something, and all of a sudden I hear "That's alright" in that VEEEEERY familiar accent. I just laughed and told him to have a nice day. It was about a year or 2 ago. I was visiting my aunt and uncle in Los Angeles. It was before he was the Governator.

I think Alan Cummings is in Vancouver filming a movie right now, because he was out again last night.
    Last edited by Matt64; 06-12-2004 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64

I was in Chapters reading a magazine, and as I leaned over to put the magazine away (I was just about to leave the store), I bumped into a man's chest. I didn't really look over when I apologized, I just kind of mumbled something, and all of a sudden I hear "That's alright" in that VEEEEERY familiar accent. I just laughed and told him to have a nice day. It was about a year or 2 ago. I was visiting my aunt and uncle in Los Angeles. It was before he was the Governator.

I think Alan Cummings is in Vancouver filming a movie right now, because he was out again last night.
    Matt where do you meet all these people? Is it mostly on Robson or around that area? My dad works in that area sometimes for health food stores as a side job. He sells products and he says he has met into a few famous people at the health food store right near Cloud Nine on Robson.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    While growing up in Carmel, we lived nextdoor to Kim Novak (old movie actress) and up the street from Paul Anka. When we were walking home from school, every once in a while Paul's "nanny" would pick us up and give us a ride hom. Paul's "nanny" was a he.

In Junior High, my best friend was Clint Eastwood's niece. He took Celia and I out to the movies one night, and we got ice cream afterwards.

I used to work at the*then* Bing Crosby Golf Tournament in Pebble Beach (I think it's now the AT*T ). I didn't actually *meet* and have a conversation with any celebrities, but I helped dozens.

My first *real* job was at Wells Fargo Bank. Some of the people I helped were:
    Ansel Adams R.I.P.
    Alan Funt R.I.P.
    Alan Jardine (from the Beach Boys)
    General Jimmy Doolittle R.I.P.

About 10+ years ago, a coworker and I went to a restaurant here called Shadowbrook. At the time, it had a nice piano bar area. We were just there for drinks, and Arnold Schwarzenegger and Grace Slick came in. There were no tables left to sit at so my friend said they could join us. This was after he had married Maria Schriver, and he was "all over" Grace Slick. They hardly said two words to either of us.

I met Carlos Santana at a BBQ a long time ago. He was super cool, and reallyt nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64

wow chapters must be the place to meet celebrities, i met jackie chan in a chapters once . i also saw tim meadows when i was in new york, just on the sidewalk outside rockefeller center though, didn't really meet him.

It may not be exciting, but I still think it is cool Matt. Thanks for telling us the story.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Matt where do you meet all these people? Is it mostly on Robson or around that area? My dad works in that area sometimes for health food stores as a side job. He sells products and he says he has met into a few famous people at the health food store right near Cloud Nine on Robson.
    The majority of the celebs I met are because I served them at a restaurant. The others I have met in clubs or through a friend that knows them somehow. I live in the downtown area, not on Robson, but I've worked in restaurants all over downtown, so just by the number of people that I have served over the years, statistically a celeb or 2 has to be part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by weezerx9
    wow chapters must be the place to meet celebrities, i met jackie chan in a chapters once . i also saw tim meadows when i was in new york, just on the sidewalk outside rockefeller center though, didn't really meet him.
    I guess they like to read. I wonder how many people run into celebs at the video store..

Until I checked the forum today, I had no idea that other people had seen the Firefly TV show.. so I neglected to make mention of meeting Jewel Staite (I think that's how you spell her name). I served her the same day as I served Master P (that's actually how I found out who Master P was.. someone at their table asked me if that was him), and she was having her last meal in Vancouver before flying down to Los Angeles to film the pilot for Firefly.

That just reminded me that I also used to serve on a regular basis Brent Staite (not related to Jewel.. I am not sure if that's the correct spelling of his last name either) who was a regular cast member on Andromeda, the Kevin Sorbo Star Trek show. I knew if I thought long enough about it, I'd remember other celebs.. I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten about..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast