+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities you've met

Mick Jagger and Keith Richard

Years and years and years ago, I was waiting tables in Williamsburg, Virginia when my friend Robert came into the kitchen with this odd expression on his face, saying, "Mick Jagger and Keith Richard are in the dining room." My reply: "No way." Robert reminded my they were playing a concert in Hampton Roads Coliseum, 30 minutes down the road. I peeked out the kitchen door. Shu 'nuff. They were there with two bimbos. Our 85 year old crone of a hostess had plopped them right in the middle of the room, in clear view of the other diners, who just stared.

Mick got up to go the 'room and walked within a foot of me. Tiny, shriveled, ugly, butt as narrow as two tea (he's British) cups placed side by side. I was summarily unimpressed.

Pretty soon a line of autograph hounds stood at their table. They couldn't enjoy their dinner and I actually felt sorry for them. They left a $7 tip on a $69 bill. Cheapskates! :phhht

Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins and Don Cheedle when I was doing theatre. Tim was in town filming that horrid Mission to Mars movie, and I think Don Cheedle was in it as well.
    Walked into Arnold Howeveryouspellhislastname's chest.. don't ask.
    Sarah McLachlan lived down the street from me and I'd see her often when she and I were jogging, we chatted briefly a few times.
    Served Eric McCormick (Will and Grace) a couple of times.
    Served Cuba Gooding Jr. back when he was actually famous.
    Sat Al Pachino at a table, before I was a server.
    Met and interviewed Kim Campbell when I was in high school. (Former Prime Minister of Canada)
    Served Master P
    Served Master T (Canadians know him from Much Music)
    Served Bif Naked
    Cleaned Gillian Anderson's apartment.
    Met William B Davis (Cancer Man from X-Files) as he was dating a teacher in my HS.
    Met Bruce Harwood (one of the Lone Gunmen from X-Files) as he was the husband of my acting teacher in HS.
    Went to HS with Kristin Kreuk. (Smallville)
    Met another of the cast members from Smallville as she is friends with a guy I know.. I can't remember her name though.
    Met Eliza Dusku (Faith from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, currently star of Tru Calling) as my friend was her Personal Assistant.
    Met Nia Vardalos and Toni Collette at a bar when they were in town filming Connie and Carla (did you see it? doubt it).

There are a few more.. *think*

Celebs that I met/encountered....

The Music Store that I worked at...

Charo We all known this lady. The coochie coochie lady.....
    She was incognito and I knew it was her. She was w/ a grandson I ASSUME was buying the sdtk to Above The Rim and there 2 versions and he was buying the edited one and I was trying to explain edited versus and explicit and she freaked and wanted to hide under something....

Richard Chamberlin - I did NOT meet him personally but he was in the store and from afar he looked like a GHOST!

Robin Williams - I did not realize it was him until I approached him. He smiled and I quickly directed him to the nearest register. He was buying a couple of CD's. I wanna kick myself for not getting his autograph!

Chris Isaak - this is one dude that I actually approached... I am a fan of his music and he's good lookin but he does look much OLDER in person.

other celebs that I heard came in but did not meet/saw

Frances McDormand - I was told VERY nice.....
    Robin Penn Wright - Friendly also but wished not to attract her celeb status from others....
    Sharon Stone - I heard that she very cocky in person.... Would get offended if you ask her for ID when paying w/ a credy card :rolleyes
    Jon Bon Jovi - (see above)
    Ice Cube - long before his broke into the movie scence he happen to waltz in and fellow co-workers could smell alcohol on him...

Matt, you had quite a list but this made me do a double-take:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    Cleaned Gillian Anderson's apartment.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

i think my fav. star meeting was meeting Johnny Depp, but it was back when he was doing 21 jump street in vancouver, he was really nice. my mom and i were in a jewlery store that got "robbed" for the show so that was interesting.

Here's some more.. I'm sure that I'm still forgetting a few.

I met Bryan Singer.. the director of X-Men at a club. My friend was dating someone in the cast of whatever movie/tv show it was that Bryan was here filming.
    I met Rufus Wainright (I dunno how to spell his name) at a club after his concert.
    Alan Cummings from X-Men 2 and a billion other things was at the club the same night as Rufus. I didn't actually go up and talk to him, but he was out a few weeks later, and he was talking with some of my friends, so I kinda squeezed myself into the conversation.

I have met a few. The problem is I am about the least star struck person in the world. On the other hand, my best friend works in the industry and over the years, I have met people while waiting for her, etc.

Here are some of them:

Oprah - so, so nice and really pretty.

Pat Morita - (Happy Days & Karate Kid) - he was actually visiting a friends home while I was there. A really nice person...funny too.

Steve Edwards - (talk show host) - he's really sensitive about how short he is. I am really tall, and was in 4 inch heels when I met him and it seemed to intimidate him.

Chris Rock - So nice, loves his wife and baby so much. One of the celebs I most enjoyed meeting. His personality off-stage is as great as his performance is on stage. He seemed really genuine and didn't play up the star bit at all. Asked alot of questions and seemed really interested (although he probably wasn't) At least he was nice though.

Alan Thicke - I actually met him years ago when I was on his show (his talk show, not the sitcom) when I was in high school . Does anyone else remember the late night talk show he did? i won't say why I was there but I was. Anyway, I didn't really like him all that much. He seemed a bit of a lech.

I have also seen several others including Jennifer Grey (at the gym). But the people listed above are those I have actually spoken with.

I find that I'm not particularly starstruck when I meet someone who's a celebrity either. I don't really find the majority of what these people do in their personal lives particularly interesting, and while I enjoy their work, I don't really see it as being any more or any less valuable than the work everyone else does.

That said.. were I to meet Madonna I'd probably be the hugest freak she's ever met, because I think she's way too cool.

George Hamilton in Vegas. He is so fake tanned... to me it was creepy. I guess some women find him sexy but it has got to be for the money.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    Walked into Arnold Howeveryouspellhislastname's chest.. don't ask.
    Oh, Matt, you can't do that to us...we must hear the story.

I have met Michael Weiss (Dr. Michael Horton from Days Of Our Lives back in the 80's). He was at a mall autograph sigining.

My dentist is the team dentist for the Utah Jazz. His office is right upstairs from mine. I have never seen a player, but one of my co-workers was coming into the building with her hands full and Karl Malone held the door for her.

Also, Michael Ruffin (one of the Jazz) goes to my church. I am the teacher in the toddler room and his son is in there. He is a cute little bugger.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast