+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities you've met

Speedy, great story about Tom Hanks! I've always had a hunch he would be a good guy in real life. God knows that every project he is involved with is always a huge success.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

*sigh* You've all met much cooler people than me. Anyone ever heard of Peter Ackroyd? Of course you haven't. He's a British author I'd never heard of either until my friends and I met him in a pub in London. He and his friends bought us drinks and we all talked for quite a long time. My podunk hometown library actually had his books, but I couldn't get through one of them, so I gave up.
    I also met Denise Giardina, another obscure author -- she's from West Virginia.
    I once said "howdy" to Big Tom from Survivor; he was in town to get an award and I was leaving the building as he was going in.
    I went to college with Tiki and Ronde Barber, although I didn't really know them.
    I once attended a press conference by Hootie and the Blowfish.
    And Sen. John Warner rode in my car.

Other than that, my few celebrity sightings have been from a distance.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I completely forgot to list John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig & The Angry Inch). He was one of my best friends in high school.

Two of my other close friends are actors, although it's not as likely that any of you would recognize their names. Chris Bradley has been in several movies, commercials & sit-coms, and Kevin Kent is a well-known actor in Seattle and San Francisco.

I've got three,
    Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) at a bar in Toronto, hung out will him for a few hours.

This is a strange one I don't know his real name, I meet him in Fla. I was playing pinball and he asked if he could join in. Personality plus, said his name was Spud, the next night I meet him at a Karaoke bar, and he sang a song to me. (You are so beautiful to me). He said he was with a band, Blood Sweat and Tears.

The one I treasure the most is JFK Jr. he was leaning against the back of my chair at the Hotel Jerrome (sp) in Aspen, I turned around and he said excuse me mamm,
    ETA
    Forgot one, Kenny Rodgers in Vegas
    Last edited by Noreen; 05-18-2004 at 06:36 PM.

Oh, yeah! College people. My most memorable Stanford celebrity run-in was when I asked Janet Evans for the ketchup. She even gave it to me! Seriously, though, she had a major attitude. She lived in the next dorm over from mine at the time, and she wouldn't give you the time of day if she passed you in the courtyard. She had a little red convertible, too, with a vanity plate ("4GOLD88", I think it was). She parked that damn thing illegally all the time, but I don't remember EVER seeing a ticket on the windshield. :rolleyes
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I saw Andy Dick this past weekend at the West Hollywood Virgin Megastore. He was picking his nose.

I have met Jennifer Aniston (GORGEOUS and not as skinny as you would think), Scott Foley (H-O-T hot), Darryl Hannah (somewhat timid but insightful), Sharon Osborne (only hours before she got into that fight months back) and Kirsten Dunst, just to name a few. I work across the street from a photo/video studio that has celebs coming in on a regular basis. They have an in-house caterer that serves lunch for neighborhood businesses to make some extra cash. Famous people come in for shoots, sit down to eat and I strike up a conversation!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Scott Thompson, funny and nice, danced with him in a bar, really down to earth, and not quite as campy as her t.v persona.

No Rob Lowe was really arrogant, but David Duchovny was really pleasant. But the best of all time was Ann Reinkling, she was in Annie, and Micki and Maude, just a wonderful warm funny person. She was very good friends with this guy I was dating from New York who moved to Canada. I thought she'd become a really big star after Annie, but she's sort of faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Wesley Snipes. He's such a nice and unpretentious person.

Some off Broadway actors/singers and some dancers.
    It would be so cool to meet Wesley I think! His wife is Korean, and they might take a liking to me since their kid might resemble me someday

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I live in Santa Monica somewhat near Hollywood and all but I'm usually oblivious to celebrities. I used to be a gym rat at a local gym near here. From time to time, I would notice this other Asian girl because we were the only two (it's a small gym.) Sometimes she would go everyday at all hours and there were times when I wouldn't see her for months (did I mention I was a former gym rat?) We would take certain classes together and later became better acquaintances. A couple of times she even came over because I live across a great dance studio. Months later, after not seeing her around, I found out she was in The Scorpion King and Xmen2. Yeah, I'm talking about Kelly Hu. She does not look at all like her screen image but IMO even better because I've seen her without makeup (really, who wears makeup to the gym?) and with her hair always tied up. I feel stupid for never recognizing her or asking what she did for a living. It's probably because she acts very uncelebrity-like and is really sweet, humble, and unpretentious.
    I love Kelly Hu!! She's just a gorgeous person. I wish I could meet famous people!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast