+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities you've met

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Gee, Stargazer, what's the connection with your two? I can't imagine. On a completely unrelated note, ever been to any conventions?
    Sounds like it doesn't it? No conventions, though. I'm just destined to meet Star Wars people, I guess. I met Billy Dee in a bar in Columbus and David Prowse when my husband interviewed him for campus tv.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wesley Snipes. He's such a nice and unpretentious person.

Some off Broadway actors/singers and some dancers.

FORT Newbie
    Kelsey Grammar and his wife he was incredibly sweet and down to earth.

Texie, I'm jealous - I have been a fan of Dennis Rodman's since his days with the Spurs (a fan of him as a basketball player, that is, although I did see that movie he made ).

I met Bryan Adams when I was 14 (me & some other girls stalked him after an album signing - he's also very short, but was very sweet to us and gave us all a kiss on the cheek ). I also met Wayne Gretzky in his younger days - very humble and overwhelmed by the attention he was getting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Tom Cruise cleaning up his spilled lunch in the parking lot of Paramount studios. He was wearing 501s, a wife-beater shirt (I hate that term), and his RayBans from Risky Business. This was in 1990 when he was cute and not obnoxious.

John Cullum (Holling Vancoer from Northern Exposure)

Ann Wilson (from Heart)

Very brief encounters with Campbell Scott, Polly Draper, Margot Kidder, Susan Sarandon & her daughter Eva.

Jane Seymour - what a bee-otch! I was in high school and she was doing a book signing. The local television channel picked me and my friends to sit with her while they filmed us. Sweet as pie while the cameras were on us and a whole different story when they were off.

David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash - David Crosby was definitely my favorite of the bunch, as I knew he would be. A friend was doing an internship for Arista records and got us some great backstage passes to hang out with the band.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Haven't had any close encounters with any movie stars, but I've met Neil Sedaka in person & he's so very sweet.... :-) He's as sweet & lovable in person as he is when he's on TV (For those of you who saw him on American Idol last year:-))
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Jane Seymour - what a bee-otch! I was in high school and she was doing a book signing. .....
    At a lecture and book signing, I met Alice Sebold who wrote Lucky and The Lovely Bones. She was very nice.

As far as sporting celebrities go: I went to high school with Billy Owens of Syracuse fame and then various pro teams as well as Lee Woodall, LB for the 49ers. I had history class with Lee who was built like a brick sh*thouse. I always remembered both of them as shy and humble. When they would walk down the hallways together (they were best friends), the crowds would part like the Red Sea. Everyone thought they were larger than life.

When I lived in Seattle, I shared a table at a coffee house with Tom Hanks. He was filming Sleepless in Seattle. He was awesome. It was crowded and he needed a place to set his mug so he could organize some things he had with him. He sat for about 5 minutes and what was so cool was he was more interested in what I was doing with my life and I hadn't had any time to ask him about what he was up to. From that day on, he has always been my favorite actor.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Wow! Molly, you saw Tom Cruise? I would love to meet him, he looks like a sweet guy, I don't think he's stuck up, but I don't know.

Texi, you are so lucky that you had the chance to meet Selena. I love her and it's too bad she's gone, she would've been huge.

Lotus, Rob Lowe? Wow, I would love to meet Rob, my friends saw him in a restaurant but didn't go up to him. Was he nice?

Here's my list: I've met tons of hockey players but to name a few : Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Claude Lemieux, Jose Theodore, Mark Messier and the list really does go on...., many baseball players too.

I've also met Nicholas Cage (saw him leaving Planet Hollywood), George Clooney, Matt Dillon, Sylvester Stallone, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Corey Hart, Roxette, Richard Marx, some Backstreet Boys, Ace of Base, 98 Degrees, World on Edge, Def Leppard, Glass Tiger, Ricky Martin, Duran Duran and I'm sure there's a couple more but I can't think of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast