+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Troy - 05/14/04

Today I went to Hollywood and saw this movie at the revamped and renovated Grauman's Chinese Theatre. A huge screen with state of the art sound effects. Without those two things my following review wouldn't have been as generous.

Troy. It's a second rate "Gladiator." Wolfgang Peterson trying to duplicate a Ridley Scott movie. I thought the plot was decent but the some of the dialogue was laughable and not because it was funny. Brad Pitt's butt scene just doesn't do it for me. I thought those scenes actually took away from the movie. I know, I know...I'm in the minority. Overall, this movie is okay. If you haven't seen it yet, don't go expecting much. I give it

I don't understand all this fuss about the nudity. Where was it? The most we got were profiles of butts. Dissapointing...

Troy was a much better movie than I was expecting. Underrated, I think. Then again, I just like seeing classic stories up on the big screen, even extremely distorted versions of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I don't understand all this fuss about the nudity. Where was it? The most we got were profiles of butts. Dissapointing....
    I havent seen a *fuss* about nudity.. just mention of it. Two or three butt shots of Brad and one boob shot in the opening scene with Brad and the two women in the tent (when the young boy comes to get him in the tent..)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567