+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Troy - 05/14/04

I was re-reading my previous post, and I don't think I wrote a pretty good review on this movie so here it is (now being a bit more alert)

Basically the plot, I Orlando Bloom's character (where for some reason I can't remember the name, let's just nickname him the "coward" and his brother "Hectar" (played by the guy who played the Hulk) they go back home, but the "coward" took along his "love" :rolleyes . So bassically taking her away from her husband (i think, husband) long-story short, the greek army sail over 50,000 soldiers to get back the girl (who is now in Troy) supposevely getting her, and getting the land. THat's just the start, I won't explain the rest, just go watch the movie.

A number of battle scenes, not so gruesome (which is good, because I can't stand that). Many un-needed half naked Brad Pitt scenes (but like i said above, didn't bother me at all ).

THe acting was pretty good, been awhile since I saw a Brad Pitt movie. the setting was good (i wonder where this was filmed ) battles scenes, impressive, by the sheer size of them. Overall, I was impressed, I was reading reviews and everything, they said it wasn't that good, but I'm saying that is wrong -- I personally thought it was a really good movie.

Story wise, so-so. O.B = COWARD!! But that's just the story (Don't get me wrong ) Brad Eric Bana haha..

I reccomend it, you don't specifically need to be interested in the whole Trojan myth and so on, it's a good plot, setting, actors and it was intriguing, espeacially during the last 30 minutes, how it ends.

THe ending is a bit bleh~ IMO

Overall a great movie!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Eric Bana.
    I don't particularly care about Brad eventhough he keeps running around with or without a skirt.

Orlando Bloom. Well let's just say without his character, nothing of this would happen.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    Besides, Paris toughens up when he remembers he's Legolas and finally picks up a damn bow and arrow.

Bwahahahahahahah - that was my favorite part - I was like "about danged time!"

I liked it. Course I'll also admit I liked it for the eyecandy (Bana, Bloom and Pitt) more than anything else. Definitely some unintentionally comedic moments.

Just two words about the best part of this movie : Brad's butt

I'm with you on that one LiVvV. I thought Brad Pitt's acting was kinda cheesy, especially in the beginning, but his body more than made up for it. Good movie for the obvious reason. I still think Orlando Bloom's a cutie!
    Ludicrous speed!

oh good, then it wasn't just me re brad's acting. Actually for some reason I was reminded of Meet Joe Black - a Pitt movie I loathed - and it might have been certain acting/accent comparisons I kept seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    Plot was good, acting was good (I usually hate fighting scenes, but they were ok) The movie didn't really need the semi-nude scenes with Brad Pitt, but that didn't bother me
    "semi-nude scenes didn't bother you"

:rolleyes come on blue, you didn't even watch any of the battle scenes! haha.,... always looking away!

The movie was "okay" not the best, not the worst. Funny to see blue's reactions though, i think that's the most entertaining bit!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Something I found online.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

LOL that is funny

the movie was filmed in mexico, they wanted to film it in morocco but because of the war going on they couldn't

they say they casted over 1500 extras and that people were passing out left and right on the set it was that hot

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    All of the men! Bisexual anyway!
    Lotuslander, I love your Avatar.
    Treat me with respect and I'll treat you with respect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast