+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Troy - 05/14/04

Now there is something to ponder a Brad/Eric/Orlando threeway. I don't know how I feel about that.

Just saw this today. I thought the movie was great. I mean, the story is different from The Iliad...very different in several ways...but it still got me into the characters and everything. As said by a few people above, I was also going for the Trojans. I hate Agamemnon...and Achilles sometimes. I guess that romance between him and Hector & Paris's cousin was meant to endear Achilles to audiences. The best character was definitely Hector. He was smarter...unlike his father Priam who basically motivated Achilles into battle. Priam should feel bad. I felt bad for Hector's wife and child. Okay, so that's all I'll say about that. It was different than the real story but definitely good.

Just saw it today, and i thought it was great. A lot of action, especially the awesome fight scenes by Eric Bana and Brad Pitt. It's worth the price of admission just to see Brad Pitt wearing that sexy warrior outfit.

Like most of you, I was cheering for the Trojans, and would've loved it if Hollywood changed the story and the Trojans ended up winning this time.

Hector was by far the best character in the movie. What a great warrior. His honor was admirable.

I did get very emotional when he fought Achilles, and what traspired after that. Didn't care much for Achilles (Brad Pitt) in the beginning because of his arrogance and insubordination, but I started warming up to him a little when he encountered the Trojan priestess (can't spell her name). He wasn't a bad guy, it's just that war is all he knew.

I know that the character calls for Paris to be somewhat of a wuss, but I was kind of desilusioned with Orlando Bloom playing that character because he's nothing compared to his previous strong and courageous characters from LOTR and Pirates of the Carribean.

Overall, it was very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    Now there is something to ponder a Brad/Eric/Orlando threeway. I don't know how I feel about that.
    Oh,really? That's funny,because I know exactly how I feel about it.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

FORT Fan
    Overall the movie is not too bad, but I was disappointing considering how much money was spent producing it and how famous the stories are. The story's extremely changed, but every adaptation of the Trojan war does that to some extent (Homer's Illiad didn't even include the big wooden horse!) Most of the dialogue was stilted and dull. I prayed for some comic relief to break the monotonous seriousness, but the closest thing I got was the unintentional comedy of Achilles and Patroclus calling each other "cousins."

Squeezing a 10 year war into two and a half weeks was stupid, especially after the characters said, "This war will be remembered forever!" about a million times. If the war was so short, it wouldn't be worth remembering.

I liked how they changed Paris's character, though, because that's what indirectly made Hector so much more interesting. A lot of people are complaining that Paris was too puny, but I liked it because it made Hector look more noble for defending him. Besides, Paris toughens up when he remembers he's Legolas and finally picks up a damn bow and arrow.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

i loved this movie...i saw it on friday...it was great!

about orlando...i read in an article that he had a really hard time at first playing someone so wimpy...like someone said, compared to legolas it would be hard

yeah the story changed...but i knew this was gonna be a hollywood version of it so i was prepared....but, had the trojans won the war instead of the greeks i would have been very upset...u can't go changing it that much!

oh eric bana....been loving him since HULK lol....he looked different though, his face is thinner or something...he's gotten hotter....and brad....BRAD IS BACK!.....loved the fake tan lol....but i dont think i've seen him look quite this good

the hector/achilles fight scene was my favorite...but i also liked the meneleus/hector/paris scene....i liked how hector stood up for paris

i heard good reviews and bad reviews for the movies....i'm sure the critics didn't like that the story changed so much....but, i guess you really can't have it exactly the same...it would be too depressing for viewers....but that's a greek tragedy for you

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    Besides, Paris toughens up when he remembers he's Legolas and finally picks up a damn bow and arrow.

Does he don a blond wig too? I can't wait to see this.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Do they put the Homo stuff in the movie, or has Hollywood Heterosexized ancient Greece?
    Nuh-uh, baby. None of that sexually ambiguous Achilles-Patroclus stuff. It was Brad Pitt lurves Briseis, all the time. Which just did not rock my socks - 'cause Briseis (in the book, anyway) was pretty much just living loot for Agamemnon and his lot. Love? Pfft. More like sex object. :rolleyes

And yeah, in the book, Achilles does die before the Trojan horse thingamajig. That had been Odysseus's feat.

But, y'know, focus on the important thing...the lovely, lovely eye-candy. *drool* *drool* *drool*

yeah i guess the priestess was supposed to be his redeemer or something

i thought achilles dies before the horse....and i know paris dies too, but i forget how...was it by one of the gods????

i read in the same article that wolfgang peteron didn't want to bring the gods into the story because it would be like clash of the titans....i'm glad he didn't do it too lol

FORT Fan
    In the stories the god Apollo tells Paris that Achilles's heel is his only weakness, then Paris kills Achilles with an arrow. I don't remember which story or poem tells us this, though.

The Briseis/Achilles romance was unconvincing. I know all the ladies here love Brad Pitt, but I hope you wouldn't swoon for him so quickly if he desecrated your temple, butchered your unarmed comrades, killed your cousin, and abused his body.
    Last edited by kchamber; 05-17-2004 at 04:47 PM.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast