+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Troy - 05/14/04

I was thinking about possibly seeing it, but after the poor reviews I will have to pass

Troy (2004)

Synopsis: Throughout time, men have waged war. Some for power, some for glory, some for honor--and some for love. In ancient Greece, the passion of two of history's most legendary lovers--Paris, Prince of Troy and Helen, Queen of Sparta--ignites a war that will devastate a civilization. When Paris steals Helen away from her husband, King Menelaus, it is an insult that cannot be suffered. Familial pride dictates that an affront to Menelaus is an affront to his brother Agamemnon, powerful King of the Myceneans, who soon unites all the massive tribes of Greece to steal Helen back from Troy in defense of his brother's honor. In truth, Agamemnon's pursuit of honor is corrupted by his overwhelming greed--he needs control of Troy to ensure the supremacy of his already vast empire. The walled city, under the leadership of King Prium and defended by mighty Prince Hector, is a citadel that no army has been able to breach. One man alone stands as the key to victory or defeat over Troy--Achilles, believed to be the greatest warrior alive. Arrogant, rebellious and seemingly invincible, Achilles has no allegiance to anyone or anything, save his own glory. It is his insatiable hunger for eternal renown that leads him to attack the gates of Troy under Agamemnon's banner--but it will be love that ultimately decides his fate. Two worlds will go to war for honor and power. Thousands will fall in pursuit of glory. And for love, a nation will burn to the ground.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Adventure, Period Rating: Not available Runtime: 162 mins. Theatrical Release: 05/14/2004

Cast & Role
    Brad Pitt - Achilles
    Eric Bana - Prince Hector of Troy
    Orlando Bloom - Prince Paris of Troy
    Rose Byrne - Briseis
    Peter O'Toole - King Priam of Troy
    Diane Kruger - Helen of Troy
    Sean Bean - Odysseus

Crew & Credit
    Wolfgang Petersen Director & Producer

Here ya go! I included extra big pictures of the sexy men of Troy.

I went to see the movie today and I actually really enjoyed it- which I am really suprised since I am not usually fond of these types of movies. Anytime you get to see Brad Pitt's bare butt it is worth the price of admission. Orlando and Eric aren't bad either. This film is made for straight females who want to look at some eyecandy. I liked the story too, but I overheard some people talking about the film when we were leaving and I guess the movie doesn't exactly follow the book, but since I never read the book I didn't notice. And I also wanted the Trojans to win but I knew that wouldn't happen.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I was thinking about possibly seeing it, but after the poor reviews I will have to pass
    One of our local papers give it 5 out of 5 stars. How contradicting...

I am in complete agreement with Sarahgirl.
    I just got back from seeing the movie. Girls and boys, if you ever want to see some great *ahem* acting from three hunky actors, now is the time to do it.
    I'll never look at Orlando Bloom the same way ever again.

I have to agree with nlmcp, Hector, played by Eric Bana, was my favorite character. How funny, I was also rooting for the Trojan army.
    The movie kept going longer and longer and all I was wondering was where was the horse? I thought they had changed the story!

While I won't watch this movie a hundred times in a row, I rather enjoyed it. Because I am a little crybaby, I had tears in my eyes at one point.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Someone's lustin' over Orlando Bloom...

Me too, Audiomaster! I'm seeing this tomorrow. So what if the reviews are mediocre? I'm going for the eye candy!
    Ludicrous speed!

Do they put the Homo stuff in the movie, or has Hollywood Heterosexized ancient Greece?
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 05-15-2004 at 12:45 PM.

No nothing to indicate anything other than boy/girl action going on. But Brad did have a 3some with 2 women in the beginning of the movie. Why who was supposed to be gay?

All of the men! Bisexual anyway!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast