+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Books you would like to see made into movies

FORT Fogey

Books you would like to see made into movies

This may allready be a thread if so feel free to combine..

But, I am dying to see Time Line by Michael Chrichton made into a movie and as Wayner and I discussed The Chronicles of Narnia!

Neat thread idea, FG!

I'd like to see Ender's Game made into a movie.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I would like to see someone really do justice to "A Prayer For Owen Meaney".
    They did make a movie called Simon Birch that borrowed very heavily from that book, but I would love to see a really classy adaptation.

Also a decent version of Bonfire of the Vanities would be most welcome.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You don't like the one they released several years ago, Fluff? I didn't care for that movie, and I had never read the book.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I read a book several years ago that I think would make an excellent movie. It's called "The Secret History", and it was written by Donna Tartt.

Originally posted by Paulie
    You don't like the one they released several years ago, Fluff? I didn't care for that movie, and I had never read the book.
    It was appalling Paulie.
    Didn't do justice to the book at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

it was so loosely based on the book, paulie. the characters were quite different and they didn't use the book ending AT ALL!

fluff, i don't believe that john irving is allowing owen meany to be made into a movie, as too much of it would have to be cut for time reasons and he wasn't willing to butcher his baby.

i'm glad. that is my favorite book and i would be crushed if they made it into a movie that wasn't worth crap. i was really glad that simon birch wasn't named owen meany. the character that played simon wasn't anything like how i picture owen.

i'm re-reading owen right now for the millionth time. ahhh, great read!

a book that i wish WOULDN'T have been made into a movie is White Oleander. what a hack job, though michelle pfeiffer was awesome.

i have to second the motion to make "the chronicles of narnia" into a flick for the big screen, though there are already dvds out of it that i've not seen. i believe they aired them on pbs.

also, i love the book "a little princess" and realize that it's been made into a movie a couple of times... a horrible adaptation with shirley temple and a REALLY good one with that little billionaire actress from "Air Force One." HOWEVER, i wish they would follow the book for once as to its ending. her father died, for cripe's sake! let him RIP and quit making him magically reappear for the traditional happy ending!!

FORT Fogey
    Oh I love the little princess re-make.. love it.. the way its filmed etc. and I have to have that happy ending.. I love that ' billionaire actress too,, I thought she was really good,, I would love to see her in some more things. my daughter and I watch it a lot.. Next time you see it look and you will see everything is shot in shades of green in the school,, walls , uniforms, apples, coats, tons of different greens.. then when it refers to India it is all COLOR.. oh well..

I am reading Owen Meaney right now..

I just read the book Lovely Bones it is really good and I think it would make an awesome movie,,
    And I think they should do Cronicles of Narnia in the LOTR/ Harry Potter style.. Maybe Dakota Fanning could play Lucy and Haley Joel could be Edmund... hmmmmm Would love to see them do Aslan,, and then how about the voyage of the Dawn treader..

Besides the obvious James Earl who would be a good Aslan voice??

I'm not even sure that a movie would be able to do it justice, maybe a tv mini series or something, but I'd love to see The Witching Hour by Anne Rice done. My only fear in that is how disappointed I could be since I've read the book atleast 6 times and I have my own set versions of how things and people should look...I also realize that it's a really long book so stuff would end up getting cut which wouldn't make me any too thrilled as well.

i think christopher pike's books makes excellent movies
    e.g the wicked heart
    it's soooo mind twisting~
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast