+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Books you would like to see made into movies

Originally posted by kiwibelle
    The first book of Diana Gabaldon's series - here it was called Crossstitch, but I think in the States it was called 'The Outlander' - not too sure about that!
    Yep. Outlander. I hear that's a very enjoyable series of books. I have the first one in my book shelf, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Fade to black
    See, Paulie... that's what makes this world so wonderful. To each their own.

I love difference. I embrace it!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I hear that, Hazy. I know my opinions aren't universally shared. The Notebook has a very devoted following, and many of the moms in my wife's Book Club just loved it. It just didn't work for me.

It's like The Lord of the Rings trilogy. One of the best-loved book series ever, and I just couldn't get through 'em. I labored through all the plot devices and flimsy characters in The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring. Then about 30 or 40 pages into The Two Towers, I just snapped the book shut and put it back on the shelf. When my wife asked where it went the next morning, I told her, "Life's too short."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Fade to black
    I'm with you on that Paulie. Love the movies, but the books are TOO much for me.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Yeah, the movies are great.

BTW, we were "with you" at exactly the same moment in time, but in separate threads. How weird is that?

Fade to black
    That's funny. Me thinks I spend too much time here.

FORT Regular
    The book Bunnicula would be a great children's movie. It ( and its sequels) were fun reads when I was little. I would love to see what Pixar would do with it.

FORT Fogey
    I think "Song of Solomon" and "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison would be great movies. Not to Oprah: Get on that!

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    I'd love to see Ralph Ellison's one and only novel "Invisible Man" done as a movie as well
    That would be a great movie, although I would worry that the book is too deep to be translated into a movie without losing a good deal of its message...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456