+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Books you would like to see made into movies

Catcher in the Rye - all out. (not Igby Goes Down version)
    I Brendan Fraser

I hated Igby Goes Down
    Who shot who in the what now?

FORT Fogey
    New life in an older thread, I love it!

A book that I would love to see made into a film is "The Impressionist" by Hari Kundzru. However, I fear that it has too vast a scope and justice could not be done to such a great book.

Another good suggestion is "The Poisonwood Bible" which was a fabulous book and could be made into a very fine film.

Fade to black
    Originally posted by greenflute98
    I hated Igby Goes Down
    Awww, I loved that movie.

Couple other books I'd like to see made into movies...

A sappy romance called "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks which is still one of my favorite books ever.

"The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand (it was done in 1949 with Gary Cooper, it was kind of off and I'd like to see it done in a modern version)

I'd love to see Ralph Ellison's one and only novel "Invisible Man" done as a movie as well
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I loved "The Notebook" too, hazy! It's not my usual style of reading, but that book made me cry.

I'll forgive you for liking Igby.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Not mine either Green, I don't even care for his other books that much - but that book was possibly the best romance novel I've ever read (not that I read many of them)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I think The Notebook might be a good movie too, but only if they don't botch it as they did with Message in a Bottle. I read that book, stayed up to 6 AM reading in one weekend and was completely bawling. When I watched the movie with Kevin Costner and Robin Wright Penn, I was sooooo disappointed with the changes they made.

Originally posted by Wyndemere
    The darkelf trilogy (R.A Salvatore), that would be a fun one.
    On a related note, The Icewind Dale trilogy by R.A. Salvatore. Those are my favorite books, and movies of them would be the coolest thing EVER! (If they did them correctly.)

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I would have to say... Where Serpents Lie by T. Jefferson Parker. I'd probably never get to see it, though. It'd end up R rated because of the stuff that happens in it, like murder, kidnappings, and some weird twists in plot. lolz... Eh...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Oh, wow. I couldn't stand The Notebook! My wife and I both read it at the same time because it was assigned for her Moms' Book Club. We both thought it was terrible. Trite story, stock characters, ridiculous ending. The message of undying love was sweet, but it was delivered in a far too fluffy package.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast