+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Minute - 05/07

New York Minute - 05/07

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Today is the biggest day in the super-organized life of uptight overachiever Jane Ryan. She’s due to give a major speech at Columbia University for a competition to win a prestigious scholarship to Oxford University. Meanwhile, her rebellious sister Roxy is planning to ditch school and go backstage at a Simple Plan music video shoot in Manhattan, where she’ll slip her demo tape to the band’s A & R team. Despite having so little in common and so much emotional distance between them, the adversarial sisters reluctantly journey together to the Big Apple, but their plans go wildly awry when a mix-up involving Jane’s all-important dayplanner lands them in the middle of a shady black market music piracy scheme. Sidetracked, sideswiped and hotly pursued from Chinatown to Harlem by whacked-out truancy officer and a wannabe gangster, Jane and Roxy reluctantly join forces and find unexpected romance with a charming Senator’s son and a handsome bike messenger. If Jane doesn’t recover her dayplanner--and the crucial speech inside it--she can kiss her college scholarship goodbye. If Lomax finally catches up with Roxy, she’ll be drummed out of high school for good. Roxy and Jane seem to have everything going against them--but anything can change in a New York Minute!
    Statistics

Genre(s):
    Action
    Adventure
    Comedy
    Rating: MPAA PG
    Runtime: 91 mins.

Cast & Role

Mary-Kate Olsen -- Roxanne Ryan
    Ashley Olsen --Jane Ryan
    Eugene Levy -- Max Lomax
    Jared Padalecki -- Trey Lipton
    Riley Smith -- Jim, the Bike Messenger
    Andy Richter-- Bennie Bang
    Andrea Martin -- Senator Anne Baxter-Lipton
    Darrell Hammond -- Hudson McGill
    "That's Numberwang!"

I know I'm not in the target audience for this movie, but I have a feeling it'll be dreadful.
    New York Minute. . . filmed in Toronto.
    "That's Numberwang!"

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    New York Minute. . . filmed in Toronto.
    I didn't know that.
    I like the Olsen twins but I might just rent this.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

It's getting AWFUL reviews. Unfunny, and apparently aimed at the male demographic, as I hear they're nearly naked through the whole movie. Which is just nasty.

I'm so there!

JUST KIDDING!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's getting AWFUL reviews. Unfunny, and apparently aimed at the male demographic, as I hear they're nearly naked through the whole movie. Which is just nasty.
    Sadly that seems to be the way young women seem to think they have to go if they want to be succesful nowadays.
    MK&A could live quite happily on profits of their clothing, make-up, perfume etc. empire, without ever making another movie, so when you don't need the cash why not take a chance and make something that has merit?
    "That's Numberwang!"

yeah i try to stay away from critics. All of them seem to be elderly people.

this caught my eye. So i am going to try and see it.

in a preview it looks like they are aiming for a JLo look at one point

Yeah. Think I'll pass on this one. :rolleyes

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I saw the trailers and I thought only one of them was nearly naked. But MK&A are aiming for the male audiences too. :rolleyes
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I am basically the same age as Mary Kate and Ashley (remember their Full House days!) and they've reached the age where they pretty much have to start sexing it up to make it in Hollywood. Apparently, they do want to continue acting, and separately... I guess it's not all about the money. You have to doubt how much success they're going to have without the twin thing going for them, but it's their choice.

As for New York Minute, I'd never waste my money on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast